Voting Receiver System

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA3ATV

Feed Provider
I am looking for a Windows based voting receiver system that will allow me to combine multiple receivers at widely separated geographical locations into one Broadcastify stream. I know there are Linux based systems out there that do this very well. But I am hoping to come up with a Windows based system.

The reasons are that the receiver locations already have Windows based computers in place and I would like to avoid having to add a second Linux computer at each location. In addition, the receiver remote control software is Windows based.

Getting discriminator tap audio out of the receivers is not an issue.

If anyone has any experience with these systems, your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

drewhahn

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a Windows based voting receiver system that will allow me to combine multiple receivers at widely separated geographical locations into one Broadcastify stream. I know there are Linux based systems out there that do this very well. But I am hoping to come up with a Windows based system.

The reasons are that the receiver locations already have Windows based computers in place and I would like to avoid having to add a second Linux computer at each location. In addition, the receiver remote control software is Windows based.

Getting discriminator tap audio out of the receivers is not an issue.

If anyone has any experience with these systems, your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

If worse comes to worse, you can look at installing Linux in a virtual session on the existing Windows computers and run it in that session. VMWare Player is free and works nicely.

--drew

I apologize in advance for not being able to contribute directly to the question asked, but can you please tell me the name of the Linux program that does receiver voting?

My experiences have been that voting is done through a hardware device (voting comparator) and this is the first reference I've seen where it's occurring through software.

Thank you.

box23

I apologize in advance for not being able to contribute directly to the question asked, but can you please tell me the name of the Linux program that does receiver voting?

My experiences have been that voting is done through a hardware device (voting comparator) and this is the first reference I've seen where it's occurring through software.

Thank you.

Asterisk, running the app_rpt module using RTCM hardware modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.