How Do You Stream On Your Own Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenCaravan

Hello Everyone.

I've always wanted to be able to broadcast the transmissions of my local emergency agencies, but never had the time to learn how to do it. Work and life had a bad habit of getting in the way. I recently retired and have decided to pursue this goal. Here's what I'l like to do:

I would like to broadcast 5 different channels on a website that I will have someone create. I'm going to purchase five (5) BCT15X scanners and a license for ProScan. My goal is to be able to live stream these channels from one (1) PC and allow visitors to my site to be able to not only listen to the live stream, but also be able to access prior recordings (which I believe ProScan will facilitate).

Because I will be live streaming on my own website and not on one of the available free platforms (Broadcastify, ShoutCast, etc.) what will I need to accomplish my broadcast/live stream and my archiving an retrieval of the transmissions? Do I need a Content Delivery host?

Are there other things (software, hardware, paid services, etc.) that I will need?

Is there a how-to guide anywhere on the internet that would help me understand what I need to do to accomplish my goal.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've always wanted to be able to broadcast the transmissions of my local emergency agencies
first talk to a lawyer!
In quite all Country its very illegal!!!

frazpo

Hello Everyone.

I've always wanted to be able to broadcast the transmissions of my local emergency agencies,.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't just feed those agencies to Broadcastify and embed the players into a nice looking website of your own. Unless you just want the challenge and the experience of doing it.

GreenCaravan

Not Illegal to Transmit Available Transmissions from Local Emergecny Agencies

first talk to a lawyer!
In quite all Country its very illegal!!!

Hi Your_Account,

It's not illegal in the USA for a civilian to re-transmit a publicly available transmission. If it's encrypted then that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.