Barix Instreamer or Another PC????

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt603

Feed Provider
Well I got the dreaded "Feed Offline" today, the poor PC has been chugging away for almost 6 years and it appears to have smoked the power supply, My question is should I spend the money and repair the PC that is running Outdated Windows XP? or I have had my eye on the Barix Instreamer for a while now. Are those easy to configure? Do you just pipe the audio from the external speaker jack of the radio into the L & R RCA inputs of the Instreamer?

Looking for all feedback good and bad

Mike

kb8zxe

The Barix Instreamers are nice. I helped a local radio station set his up and they work great. I don't see why they wouldn't work for a scanner feed. I would like to play with one and see how it works as a scanner feed.

I use a Raspberry Pi for my 2 feeds. Once it is set up it is pretty easy to use. Setting it up can be difficult but there are several people on here that can help you with that. What I like about the PI is having a spare only costs you $35. If you have a hardware failure pop out the SD card and put it in your spare pi and you are up and going. I have found the PI to be very reliable, I just looked at the up time on my PI and it is 256 days.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I'm looking to replace my scanner PCs with Barix Instreamers. There is a wiki on RR about Barix instreamers and how to set them up and I believe I remember seeing one of the database admins uses them. I was recently introduced to the Barix's instreamers and I'm excited to try them with RR

k1zxx

Premium Subscriber
What about a raspberry pi running darkice? Not sure what the Barix is
can you elaborate on this unit and the dark ice? I am interested to find out more about these
I have heard good things from the ham community but as a stand-alone feed provider can you fill the gaps?

nick223

Feed Provider
Status
Not open for further replies.