Two Tone Detect Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartaFire446

I am new to this whole program. I was thrust into the position rather quickly and am in need of some assistance so please bare with me,
I am trying to enter the fire department tones into the tone editor. However some departments have a mutual aid agreement so they have separate tones. For example the department has its own tone and then a shared tone with 3 other departments. How do I go about entering the shared tone for all 4 of those departments?
Secondly, for them the agencies to receive the tones on their phones with audio I gather I enter them into the mp3 email spot. What I need to know is how do I enter them? As phone numbers with the carrier text signature?
Again, I have been thrown into this position and have very limited programming experience. Thank your for your help and your patience

SpartaFire446

I am new to this whole program. I was thrust into the position rather quickly and am in need of some assistance so please bare with me,
I am trying to enter the fire department tones into the tone editor. However some departments have a mutual aid agreement so they have separate tones. For example the department has its own tone and then a shared tone with 3 other departments. How do I go about entering the shared tone for all 4 of those departments?
Secondly, for them the agencies to receive the tones on their phones with audio I gather I enter them into the mp3 email spot. What I need to know is how do I enter them? As phone numbers with the carrier text signature?
Again, I have been thrown into this position and have very limited programming experience. Thank your for your help and your patience

I have got everything entered at this point and the program is detecting pages. However in the log after it says it has successfully retrieved local tone information it gives me this
Index error: list index out of range
any help would be appreciated

DC31

Feed Provider
I have got everything entered at this point and the program is detecting pages. However in the log after it says it has successfully retrieved local tone information it gives me this
Index error: list index out of range
any help would be appreciated

Can you post your log file here? Look for the file log.txt in your TTD directory. You can post a .txt file as an attachment to a post. If you happen to be running v67 the log is in a logfiles directory in The TTD directory.

SpartaFire446

Please find the most recent log file attached. Every one of the log files says the same thing so I thought it most pertinent to use the most recent 4. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Attachments

• log_2015-03-14_12_20_40_360000.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 76
  • log_2015-03-13_10_56_57_715000.txt
    697 bytes · Views: 71
  • log_2015-03-13_11_44_12_586000.txt
    1 KB · Views: 62
  • log_2015-03-13_11_45_21_668000.txt
    71.9 KB · Views: 114

SpartaFire446

I think the issue lies where the program receives the tone and where it gets sent to gmail. I can manually send the text with audio attachment to the addresses via gmail and the two tone detect program is receving the tones that are generated. So I think the issue is in the middle.

DC31

Feed Provider
Please find the most recent log file attached. Every one of the log files says the same thing so I thought it most pertinent to use the most recent 4. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I think that you can safely ignore that error message when it starts up. I get a very similar message and the program continues to run fine. It is loading your tone sets and detecting audio.

I think your Atone and Btone lengths could be adjusted. Try 0.6 for Atone and 1.2 for Btone. It looks like you have your Btone setting maybe at 3.0. That can cause you to miss some tones. This assumes a standard 1sec/3sec tone timing. The string of 301.0 Freq may indicate the you need to adjust your volume levels or audio threshold. You should indicate audio only when there is radio traffic.

Find where your log file shows one of your tone sets being detected and see if there are error messages there.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I think the issue lies where the program receives the tone and where it gets sent to gmail. I can manually send the text with audio attachment to the addresses via gmail and the two tone detect program is receving the tones that are generated. So I think the issue is in the middle.

What do you mean when you say that it's receiving the tones that are generated? I didn't see any evidence of a successful tone detection in the log files that you posted, but you said earlier it is detecting pages. How do you know it's detecting pages?

Andy

SpartaFire446

Andy,

Your right at that time it wasn't detecting the generated tones. We have corrected this problem and the application runs well. I did run into a problem yesterday where its exceeding the daily sending quota through gmails smtp server. We had it working with the last person who was responsible for this but I am unable to contact him. If you know of a way to get around this either using google groups or another way please let me know. Thank you for your help and for developing such a great program.

SpartaFire446

I took care of the authentication password and as of right now no problems. That is subject to change. My new issue is it has stopped detecting one set of tones for one dept. I double checked the tones and all the settings and nothing has changed. Cant figure out why it wont detect the tones.

SpartaFire446

Overmodulation using the pr400 radio

Ok so I narrowed down a problem where the software will run fine one day then the next no tones are being detected. Its probably overmodulation. we are using the pr400 radio to hook up to the laptop the program is running off of. What is the best way to correct the overmodulation issue?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Ok so I narrowed down a problem where the software will run fine one day then the next no tones are being detected. Its probably overmodulation. we are using the pr400 radio to hook up to the laptop the program is running off of. What is the best way to correct the overmodulation issue?

Is the program running continuously from day to day? I would highly recommend restarting the computer nightly if you're running on Windows. Depending on your PC, the program can sometimes lock up after a day or two of operation.

Andy

SpartaFire446

It is running continuously on a computer running windows 7. I will make sure to restart nightly. Ty for all the help. I hope I've got it all worked out now and will have no more issues.

gerrycah

Premium Subscriber
TTD Max entries exceeded

In the last two weeks TTD stops sending out messages. At first I thought it was the typical gmail issue but that isn't the case. I ran the debug program and found that TTD states "Maximum entries exceeded" at that point the tones get received but won't do a mail out. Any ideas. I didn't tweak anything.

DC31

Feed Provider
In the last two weeks TTD stops sending out messages. At first I thought it was the typical gmail issue but that isn't the case. I ran the debug program and found that TTD states "Maximum entries exceeded" at that point the tones get received but won't do a mail out. Any ideas. I didn't tweak anything.

gerry, can you post your log.txt file or the lines from it showing the tones detected through where you get the "max entries exceeded" message?

jim

Rescue14

I need help with two tone. I gaot it set up but it does not send out any messages. I am using gmail but I also tried another server. Still no messages going out. Cant even send an admin message. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.