Trunking Recorder Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-One

I am monitoring a P25 system with my SDR / Unitrunker setup using DSD+ to decode the audio. Monitoring is going just fine with good clear voice traffic. The problem is with the recordings being made by Trunking Recorder. The audio files are being created, but all I am hearing on the recordings is the digital output and not the decoded audio. I assume my settings are where the issue is. Any ideas on what to check?

rylvir

Feed Provider
Sounds like you have trunking recorder pointed to the virtual cable going from Unitrunker to DSD+ rather than the virtual cable that DSD+ is using as an output

In trunking recorder, File > Configure -Then select the Recording Device that matches the Audio Output Device seen when you start DSD+

Last edited:

B-One

Here are my DSD+ and Trunking Recorder Settings:

Do I need to change the DSD+ settings to have my output be Audio B or do I configure Trunking Recorder to use the Speakers that are listed as Output 1 in DSD+?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 153

rylvir

Feed Provider
Need to configure DSD+ to use VB Cable B (-o3 for output #3) and then select Cable-B in Trunking Recorder. That should get the Trunking Recorder using the decoded audio for its recordings rather than the digital noise.

I don't think you will have DSD+ decoded audio playing through your speakers with that setup, but I could be wrong. It's interesting to me that in DSD+ it says Speakers (VB Cable Audio B) - I'm using XP and have never seen that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.