Trunking recorder crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmp26

Hello I've just installed trucking recorder and I had it working but when i went to try to change the directory i put in a " and the path so when i applied the setting the program crashed and now I cannot get back in I've already tried reinstalling it do you have any ideas?

scannerbox

The Trunking Recording settings are saved in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Trunking_Recorder\ If you delete everything in this folder it will reset Trunking Recorder back to default.

I have also created a new BETA version of Trunking Recorder that fixes the issue and will stop the crashing if you put a double quote in the path. The new version can be downloaded from http://www.scannerbox.us/TrunkingRecorder/BETA Trunking Recorder Installer.msi

bobmp26

thank you so much that fixed my problem. I have another issue now, I cant use the web server at 127.0.0.1 the talkgroup info shows up but i get no sound out of the web player have any ideas what i have wrong here?

bobmp26

Yes I have trucked recorder setup to the right recorder I can even listen to the mp3 files it makes it just wont play it in the web-server.
Do you have any ideas why it is not working?

scannerbox

Does the audio player at the top of the page show that audio is playing and does it have the correct length for the recording? What browser are you using, Firefox and Chrome work the best? Have you tried it on another computer?

nlurker

Does the audio player at the top of the page show that audio is playing and does it have the correct length for the recording? What browser are you using, Firefox and Chrome work the best? Have you tried it on another computer?

I have noticed that all the call lengths shown in the web interface are double the actual length of the recordings. The player at the top shows the correct lengths and they play fine. Do I have a configuration error or is there a bug? Example: table says call length is 22.6, player says 00:11.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If the audio is silent I would make sure you have Trunking Recorder setup to record from the correct sound card. If you are using DSD then it would be the output device you have DSD setup to output audio to. Typically it's one of the virtual audio cable line in devices.

See Trunking Recorder - Recording audio from trunked radio systems monitored by Unitrunker

I have read the install but have a question.
I am running unitrunker with 2 dongles. I monitor a mixed mot type 2 system with p25. My voice receiver has audio piped to sound card. It has digital piped to vbcable.

When I try to set up recording, the only option in the drop box is vbcable.

Ok. When I start trunking recorder, its showing all calls being logged however there is no audio. I set trunking recorders output to my speakers. All the calls show how many seconds the call was. When clicking on any of them, there is no sound. I went over all my sound settings and everything is good. I get good audio out of chrome and I E.

I then shut everything down and set unitrunkers voice to output analog and digital to my sound card and started trunking recorder again. Same thing, only choice in drop down is vbcable.

Now I added a second vco in unitrunker. 1 is set to pipe analog to sound card, and the other is set to pipe digital audio to vbcable.

Right now I have no active digital.

How do I get my sound card to show up in the drop box? Tried on 1.9 and now using 1.10 beta. I also went to apps data local bla bla bla and deleted all files to reset trunking recorder..

Thanks

scannerbox

I have noticed that all the call lengths shown in the web interface are double the actual length of the recordings. The player at the top shows the correct lengths and they play fine. Do I have a configuration error or is there a bug? Example: table says call length is 22.6, player says 00:11.

The audio player might show the call being longer than what the tables says if you use the "Group Conversation" mode in Trunking Recorder. With this setting multiple calls can be in the same audio file. The web table will show the length for each part of the call.

If you are seeing it where the player time at the top is shorter than the table says then I would need more detail. Goto ScannerBox.us - Streaming live audio feeds to Logitech Squeezebox Radio and follow the instructions. That should help me narrow down what is going on.

scannerbox

I have read the install but have a question.
I am running unitrunker with 2 dongles. I monitor a mixed mot type 2 system with p25. My voice receiver has audio piped to sound card. It has digital piped to vbcable.

When I try to set up recording, the only option in the drop box is vbcable.

Ok. When I start trunking recorder, its showing all calls being logged however there is no audio. I set trunking recorders output to my speakers. All the calls show how many seconds the call was. When clicking on any of them, there is no sound. I went over all my sound settings and everything is good. I get good audio out of chrome and I E.

I then shut everything down and set unitrunkers voice to output analog and digital to my sound card and started trunking recorder again. Same thing, only choice in drop down is vbcable.

Now I added a second vco in unitrunker. 1 is set to pipe analog to sound card, and the other is set to pipe digital audio to vbcable.

Right now I have no active digital.

How do I get my sound card to show up in the drop box? Tried on 1.9 and now using 1.10 beta. I also went to apps data local bla bla bla and deleted all files to reset trunking recorder..

Thanks

The dropdown of audio devices in Trunking Recorder is the list of INPUT sound cards. The list of of sound cards in Unitrunker is the list of OUTPUT sound cards. vbcable acts as both types so that is why it's shown in both programs. Your sound card is acting as only an OUTPUT device so that is why it's not showing up in Trunking Recorder.

To enable audio recording in Trunking Recorder you need to output the analog and decoded digital radio to the same vbcable device. The typical setup is Unitrunker outputs analog audio to vbcable A(1) and digital audio to vbcable B(2). You then have DSDplus input set to vbcable B(2) with it's output set to vbcable A(1). In Trunking Recorder you setup it to recorder from vbcable A(1).
Trunking Recorder will be able to capture the analog and digital audio from that VCO. If you want multiple VCOs then you will need 2 vbcable devices per VCO.

If you still want to hear the audio come through your speakers then you will need to use the Windows sound mixer to monitor vbcable A(1) or use the Streaming feature in Trunking Recorder and it can play the recorded audio back to an output sound card.

nlurker

The audio player might show the call being longer than what the tables says if you use the "Group Conversation" mode in Trunking Recorder. With this setting multiple calls can be in the same audio file. The web table will show the length for each part of the call.

If you are seeing it where the player time at the top is shorter than the table says then I would need more detail. Goto ScannerBox.us - Streaming live audio feeds to Logitech Squeezebox Radio and follow the instructions. That should help me narrow down what is going on.

Every single entry in the table shows the call length as double what it really is. Additionally, I can see the "Rec" timer in the Trunking Recorder window counting at double speed. So it counts 2 seconds for every 1 second of real time. (This error only happens when I set Audio Format to Mp3. All times are correct when set to Wav.)

This is not really a problem because I can just ignore the error. I was mainly curious if everyone sees this error or if I configured something wrong. I will try to send you a support zip if you are unable to reproduce the error simply by setting your Audio Format to Mp3.

Last edited:

scannerbox

Every single entry in the table shows the call length as double what it really is. Additionally, I can see the "Rec" timer in the Trunking Recorder window counting at double speed. So it counts 2 seconds for every 1 second of real time. (This error only happens when I set Audio Format to Mp3. All times are correct when set to Wav.)

This is not really a problem because I can just ignore the error. I was mainly curious if everyone sees this error or if I configured something wrong. I will try to send you a support zip if you are unable to reproduce the error simply by setting your Audio Format to Mp3.

Sounds like a bug, the seconds value is calculated by using the sample and bit rates so their could be some kind of issue in the calculations.

I have not see that issues myself when recording as MP3. Please send me a support zip and I should be able to fix the issue.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The typical setup is Unitrunker outputs analog audio to vbcable A(1) and digital audio to vbcable B(2). You then have DSDplus input set to vbcable B(2) with it's output set to vbcable A(1). In Trunking Recorder you setup it to recorder from vbcable A(1).
Trunking Recorder will be able to capture the analog and digital audio from that VCO. If you want multiple VCOs then you will need 2 vbcable devices per VCO.

My unitrunker is set to send analog audio to my speakers (Realtec High Definition) and digital to vbcable.

I only have 1 installed vbcable.

So you are saying it will only work if I install another instance of vbcable and tell unitrunker to send analog audio there?

edit

So I set my analog output to the only vbcable I have. Its recording audio now in trunking recorder.

Last edited:

scannerbox

My unitrunker is set to send analog audio to my speakers (Realtec High Definition) and digital to vbcable.

I only have 1 installed vbcable.

So you are saying it will only work if I install another instance of vbcable and tell unitrunker to send analog audio there?

edit

So I set my analog output to the only vbcable I have. Its recording audio now in trunking recorder.

If the system you are monitoring has both digital and analog radio transmissions then you need 2 vbcables and a digital audio decoding program like DSDplus. If the audio is only analog then you only need 1 vbcable per VCO.

Analog and Digital audio out of Unitrunker take different paths and it needs to be combined back into 1 output before Trunking Recorder can record both types of audio. Unitrunker does not decode the digital audio, it just passes the raw digital audio out. If you listen through your speakers it will just sound like static and noise unless you use an extra program to decode it.

Sounds like you only have analog calls so you don't need the extra vbcable and DSDplus.

nlurker

Sounds like a bug, the seconds value is calculated by using the sample and bit rates so their could be some kind of issue in the calculations.

I have not see that issues myself when recording as MP3. Please send me a support zip and I should be able to fix the issue.

I am not comfortable sending some of the personal information in the support zip, so I will just continue to ignore the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.