Is there some sort of Thin Client WIKI? Need help configuring my new HP T5730 for RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6HCB

Hey everyone - just picked up an HP T5730W Thin Client. Ive seen others use this model so Im pretty sure it should work for an RR stream.

I understand that the system needs the proper operating system, this may be my first problem. From what I can tell it is running Windows Standard Embedded. Will I be able to use that, or does Windows XP, or XPEmbedded need to be installed on the unit? If so, how do I go about that?

Next, I understand the EWF or some sort of write filter needs to be turned off on the HD, through software I presume. How do I do that? Then Ive read .NET 2.0 or higher framework needs to go on, then ProScan can go on.

I seem to be stuck at a few of the earlier steps, Im thinking Windows Embedded Standard wont work for the OS. Can anyone help?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I use one of the HP thin clients for a weather station and another for pro96com. Those came with Windows 7 Embedded.
Yes, you need to turn off the write filter using the admin account. Google the instructions, that's what I did both times (because I couldn't remember how I did it the first time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.