audio assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim53

Premium Subscriber
when I hookup my scanner ( an RS 652 and BCD 996xt) to my laptop computer the audio output doesn't
come through the pc's speaker. Instead it's broadcasting all the noise and sounds from the room it's in
(ie: TV sound, people talking,my dog barking etc.) Can't figure out why. my laptop has only 1 audio output
that's marked for headphones. please help. Thanks.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
when I hookup my scanner ( an RS 652 and BCD 996xt) to my laptop computer the audio output doesn't
come through the pc's speaker. Instead it's broadcasting all the noise and sounds from the room it's in
(ie: TV sound, people talking,my dog barking etc.) Can't figure out why. my laptop has only 1 audio output
that's marked for headphones. please help. Thanks.

You need to plug the radio's output to a line in input, a microphone input jack is not the same. also plugging the output of the radio to the pc's headphone jack will not accomplish anything.

Many modern laptops require an addition component. a USB audio mixer with a line input.

Something like this item..https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D1PWGM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.