No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCIC105

Feed Provider
I have no audio on my feed. I have rebooted the PC, restarted my scanner. I checked all audio cables. Received messages from listeners of no or low audio. I checked, and I can't hear the audio. I'm using ProScan and can see the scanner stop on channels, but no audio. When I check the scanned is operating correctly, and the PC appears to be operating correctly.

Any thoughts?

n0nhp

Do you have speakers on the feed computer?
Can you go to sound on the control panel and set the recording input to listen to this device and get audio?
Is the Green bar on Source Client bouncing up to the yellow during transmissions on ProScan?
Do you have the right audio source selected in ProScan?

Bruce

mdulrich

Feed Provider
If your scanner is connected to your PC by a USB cable that cable does not pass audio and you will need an audio cable from the scanner to the PC

Mike

QDP2012

I have no audio on my feed. I have rebooted the PC, restarted my scanner. I checked all audio cables. Received messages from listeners of no or low audio. I checked, and I can't hear the audio. I'm using ProScan and can see the scanner stop on channels, but no audio. When I check the scanned is operating correctly, and the PC appears to be operating correctly.

Any thoughts?

I know of someone else who had the same problem, with ScannerCast, in the last 24 hours, including repeated-reboots after system-updates which did not solve the problem. Eventually, after all updates had been processed, the computer was rebooted, and allowed to idle for 10-15 minutes to clear-up any residual processes. Then ScannerCast was again restarted, and it worked. Unfortunately, the "exact solution" is not known; just that after repeated updates, and restarts, even after all updates seemed done, the feed finally returned.

It has been working for three years with no issue...Audio is connected by audio cable

Sometimes, the audio cable is the problem. If you haven't, you might try unplugging and reconnecting it.
Also, if the cable has been under strain, the wire might be broken internally at the base of the connectors. You might try to replace the audio cable, just to confirm/eliminate it as the problem.

Hope this helps,

NCIC105

Feed Provider
I know of someone else who had the same problem, with ScannerCast, in the last 24 hours, including repeated-reboots after system-updates which did not solve the problem. Eventually, after all updates had been processed, the computer was rebooted, and allowed to idle for 10-15 minutes to clear-up any residual processes. Then ScannerCast was again restarted, and it worked. Unfortunately, the "exact solution" is not known; just that after repeated updates, and restarts, even after all updates seemed done, the feed finally returned.

Sometimes, the audio cable is the problem. If you haven't, you might try unplugging and reconnecting it.
Also, if the cable has been under strain, the wire might be broken internally at the base of the connectors. You might try to replace the audio cable, just to confirm/eliminate it as the problem.

Hope this helps,

Guess I'm one of the people that has problems with the updates...last night it started working fine...I had rebooted about 4 times.....

Status
Not open for further replies.