streaming my scanner to cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I hope this is the right forum to post this, I would like to stream my scanner from my home to my android cell phone in real time. What would be the easiest way to do this. Any information appreciated,

Steve

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I hope this is the right forum to post this, I would like to stream my scanner from my home to my android cell phone in real time. What would be the easiest way to do this. Any information appreciated,

Steve
Why don't you just do the streaming through broadcastify then download one of the many apps to listen to it. That'd be the simplest thing to do.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
feeds

I do not want to leave my computer on 24/7

info,
Providing a live audio feed does not require a dedicated computer - you can use the computer you normally use as long as you leave it running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to broadcast your feed.

I just want to be the person that can listen to the feed.
Steve

toastycookies

I would use Mumble myself but that is already because I have my own remote server setup.

Skype, zello, winamp, teamspeak, ventrilo, or any other voip program that runs on your computer and phone operating systems.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Use RadioFeed, and setup a web server. You can connect using just your IP address and a browser. It can also be password protected and limited to a certain number of listeners. ProScan

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
The quickest, easiest way I can think of would be Zello with vox enabled. You can set it up so that it's a completely private channel.

To some of the others:

Not all people are interested in setting up a public feed. Keeping it to yourself has it's accolades.

If you have your own scanner, it is very unlikely that any feed in your area is set up exactly the same.

Radio Feed is an excellent recommendation, but a little more time consuming.

reconrider8

My setup is a bit different but still works well. Sdr dongle<dsdplus (dmr feed)<radio feed<shoutcast server and I run mine off my IP and a selected port.

DC31

Feed Provider
I do not want to leave my computer on 24/7

info,
Providing a live audio feed does not require a dedicated computer - you can use the computer you normally use as long as you leave it running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to broadcast your feed.

I just want to be the person that can listen to the feed.
Steve

Get yourself a raspberry pi (www.raspberrypi.org) as a streaming appliance:

Raspberry Pi Broadcastify Build - The RadioReference Wiki

Install the darkice software and an icecast2 server.

https://stmllr.net/blog/live-mp3-streaming-from-audio-in-with-darkice-and-icecast2-on-raspberry-pi/

Stream to the icecast software on the pi. Connect to piipaddress:8000 to listen

If you want to listen away from home, forward a port on your router to port 8000 on the pi and listen through the internet.

Yes, the pi is a computer and you will need to leave it on 24/7. It draws less power than your scanner (<10w) and you can hide it under your scanner or somewhere out of sight.

lelanjlaborde

Premium Subscriber
the best way is to get you a camera with audio at home depot...download the app ....place the camera near the speaker of your scanner and your in business..i picked one up for 59 bones!

WX9MDT

I am using Ventrilo to do this exact thing, I also listen to the stream at work via Ventrillo since it does not stream the dead air it uses less bandwidth. It also has the added benefit of not showing bandwidth usage to broadcastify in the logs.

Scanner server runs Ventrilo server and client and is set to only transmit when there is actually audio it works great!

M105

RadioFeed with a web server setup. Use any MP3 player on your phone. I use BS Player and Winamp.

scosgt

Simplest way - Radio Feed web server on the computer
Scanner Radio app by Gordon Edwards on your phone.
And it will serve the data tags to the screen in your car over bluetooth if the car supports it. (Hyundai and Kia systems do for sure).

rctelles

Premium Subscriber
1. Install "Stream What You Hear 1.4"
2. Right click on it while running in system tray.
3. Tools --> HTTP Live Streaming. Note the URL
4. Enter url on android.
5. Profit.

You can also enable port forwarding on your router to access it away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.