Record 2 scanners 1 sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

I have a BCD996XT and I don't have 2nd scanner yet. My computer is
HP Pavilion Media Center m8430f

* I record from the front, Can I record with the 2nd scanner on the same sound? Or do I need a 2nd sound card?

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I have a BCD996XT and I don't have 2nd scanner yet. My computer is
HP Pavilion Media Center m8430f

* I record from the front, Can I record with the 2nd scanner on the same sound? Or do I need a 2nd sound card?

You could use a Y-cable to record from two scanners on the front panel input, but the scanners might talk over each other.

The HP documentation says that if you install a sound card, the integrated audio is not available. I don't know if you could record from the back panel mic input and the line-in input simultaneously, but you might give that a try.

My suggestion is that you either get a sound card with multiple line-in jacks, or you get a couple of USB audio adapters and use one for each scanner. USB audio adapters can be purchased cheaply on eBay.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I am recording 4 scanners with factory audio line in split left and right scanner 1 and scanner 2 scanner 3 USB sound card scanner 4 USB sound card running 4 copies of PROSCAN also allows for 4 remote controls all on the same computer.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Some computer soundcards allow recording from both mic and line inputs at the same time, but it would have the same result as using a Y-cable. Audio from each scanner might overlap.

FKimble

Just split your stereo input into 2 mono inputs. One scanner will be the left track and the other will be the right track.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I use the factory sound card with a stereo plug split into mono left and right for scanner 1 L scanner 2 R and 2 USB sound cards like the one you listed I just use a different brand 1 for scanner 3 and 1 for scanner 4 most USB sound card have mono mike inputs is the reason I use 2.

NFR85

I use the factory sound card with a stereo plug split into mono left and right for scanner 1 L scanner 2 R and 2 USB sound cards like the one you listed I just use a different brand 1 for scanner 3 and 1 for scanner 4 most USB sound card have mono mike inputs is the reason I use 2.

What does yours look like?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You can setup PROSCAN multiple times 1 for scanner 1 rename 2 to a different name and run it for scanner 2 left audio goes to scanner 1 and right audio goes to scanner 2 is the way I set mine up for the main sound card line in. Then for scanner 3 to USB 1 and scanner 4 to USB 2 and then work on setting your levels.
Q: Can I run multiple copies of ProScan or RadioFeed on one computer?
A: Yes. Many instances of ProScan or RadioFeed can run on the same computer. Copy the contents of the ProScan or RadioFeed folder to a new folder. Change the comm. port setting and other options specific to that instance.

NFR85

You can setup PROSCAN multiple times 1 for scanner 1 rename 2 to a different name and run it for scanner 2 left audio goes to scanner 1 and right audio goes to scanner 2 is the way I set mine up for the main sound card line in. Then for scanner 3 to USB 1 and scanner 4 to USB 2 and then work on setting your levels.
Q: Can I run multiple copies of ProScan or RadioFeed on one computer?
A: Yes. Many instances of ProScan or RadioFeed can run on the same computer. Copy the contents of the ProScan or RadioFeed folder to a new folder. Change the comm. port setting and other options specific to that instance.

Ok thank you for helping me out

NFR85

I have a problem now. I have 2 scanners, And bought a sound card for 996XT. The 15X is on the PC soundcard. My problem is when 996XT is recording it's bleeding over from 15X. Any solutions?

Wow was not hooked up the USB soundcard lets see if that helps

Nope still bleeds

Last edited:
D

darunimal

Are the audio cables running beside each other, if so seperate them for their entire runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.