Proscan on Raspberry Pi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Would it be possible to run proscan and record audio on a raspberry pi?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Stupidfatkid

You can not run Proscan on a Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi runs Linux. ProScan is a Windows only application.

Phrede

Premium Subscriber
You can not run Proscan on a Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi runs Linux. ProScan is a Windows only application.

There is Windows 10 IoT that runs on a Pi. Will that support it? What hardware is needed for Proscan? Is an audio input needed along with USB?

I'm wanting remote control of a 996P2. I already have the power controlled.

conrails

Premium Subscriber
ProScan

I am thinking you CAN do it if you have the Windows 10 image loaded on to the Pi. I was thinking about doing this but never got around to it yet. Good Luck - Charlie in Elkton, MD

Phrede

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking you CAN do it if you have the Windows 10 image loaded on to the Pi. I was thinking about doing this but never got around to it yet. Good Luck - Charlie in Elkton, MD

I am really hoping so. I don't want to relocate the scanner because of the antenna lead location. I would much prefer to not need a full blown PC to support this for many reasons. I have a Pis of all flavors to try.

Am I the only one interested in a cheap device to piggyback on my scanner that would give me a remote desktop with full control?

Status
Not open for further replies.