Feed Independent Volume Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

I'm trying to figure out a way to split my feeds audio to a external speaker so i can listen in without interrupting the feed. Right now i have a simple Y splitter, one going to the feed computer and the other going to the external speaker. The problem with this is i have no way of controlling the external speaker volume independantly without interrupting the feeds volume. Ive been looking for a inline volume controller that is more professional looking but haven't had much luck. My shack is rack mounted so it would be best if i could find a controller that i can mount into the rack. Are there any recommendations or solutions out there?

n0nhp

I set the "record" tag on the feed channels, and use the fixed record output to the computer.
The scanner volume control is now active only for the local speaker and I don't have to worry about the levels into the computer being changed by a bumped knob or helpful fingers in the shack.
That also helped eliminate the "Chuffing" on the feed audio during scan.
I also seldom use the local speaker to monitor my scanner, an old obsolete laptop connected to the Broadcastify server monitors the feed so I know immediately if there is a problem on the feed computer or server.
I can also tell the folks that report a problem with the feed being down that it is probably on their end rather that the feed being down as I am listening to it.

Bruce

Colton25

Wow good idea, i never thought about doing that. I use a mix of scanners and base radios for my feeds. My scanners are bct15x's so that would work perfect for those, i'll have to do something different for the radios, thanks for the idea!!

I set the "record" tag on the feed channels, and use the fixed record output to the computer.
The scanner volume control is now active only for the local speaker and I don't have to worry about the levels into the computer being changed by a bumped knob or helpful fingers in the shack.
That also helped eliminate the "Chuffing" on the feed audio during scan.
I also seldom use the local speaker to monitor my scanner, an old obsolete laptop connected to the Broadcastify server monitors the feed so I know immediately if there is a problem on the feed computer or server.
I can also tell the folks that report a problem with the feed being down that it is probably on their end rather that the feed being down as I am listening to it.

Bruce

nated1992

Get a volume knob and but in line between your Y and speaker you can get them at home depot or Lowe's the eBay also has a large selection

Status
Not open for further replies.