Broadcasting from Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonylewis

I am moving my scanner stream off of an old desktop to a quieter laptop i have Ubuntu installed on. I tried darkice with darksnow it can't find the connector and can't seem to find anything to fix it.

I've tried the others but seem to complex for my knowledge.

Whats the current best program to use with Ubuntu to record from the MIC in (no line in) channel. One with a GUI would be best like darksnow.

DC31

Feed Provider
I am moving my scanner stream off of an old desktop to a quieter laptop i have Ubuntu installed on. I tried darkice with darksnow it can't find the connector and can't seem to find anything to fix it.

I've tried the others but seem to complex for my knowledge.

Whats the current best program to use with Ubuntu to record from the MIC in (no line in) channel. One with a GUI would be best like darksnow.

I don't think that you are going to find one with a gui. Darkice itself is fairly straight forward from the command line but requires some Linux skills. It is too bad that the Darksnow development seems to have disappeared. I loaded that on a Raspberry Pi3 this morning. That would be a very simple solution for a low-cost and easy streamer if it worked. Essentially, it is a gui for darkice.

If you would like some help setting up darkice from the command line, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.