Sequencing Simultaneous Talkgroup Transmissions in order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantumradio

I've done all manner of Google , forum/RR and SDR related searches for this but have come up with nothing.

I've heard several BC feeds that receive a ton of talkgroups or maybe even a mix of conventional and digital transmissions, and they somehow record the whole mess and then streams them out sequentially, so that simultaneous transmissions are not missed but just delayed slightly.

Is this a SDR setup with some special recording/sequencing app working with unitrunker or similar?

Is it some type of multichannel hardware box or software/USB recorder that relies on several scanners feeding each channel?

Is there more than 1 way to do this and what provides the most power/flexibility?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
It could be a hardware bases scanner with a feature like that. The only real "scanning" programs are DSD+,with FMP, Unitrunker with dsd, and op25. The only thing you can do with these programs is lock out talkgroups and prioritize them.

quantumradio

sequencing stream

@scannerbox,
Thanks!
I came across Trunking Recorder in my search but it looked like it only recorded separate audio files.

I see now that there is a "Built-in webserver for real-time audio playback" but what if I want to pipe to an Icecast Client such as Broadcast Using This Tool, Radiofeed or Scannercast to use with Broadcastify?

Appreciate the additional detail- I'm definitely interested in experimenting with this.

scannerbox

Trunking Recorder has a streaming option that can automatically playback the record files to a separate virtual audio cable which you can use radiofeed or one of the other icecast clients with. Trunking Recorder can also supply metadata for the calls to radiofeed.

I have Trunking Recorder setup to record all talkgroups and then have it stream just a subset of the groups. I can then use the web interface to go back and listen to things not streamed at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.