Proscan RSOIP audio distortion with 536hp wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin.r

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I'm running 3 instances of Proscan 12.1 on the same PC. The 996T and BCT15 instances are both working fine. The RSOIP audio on the 536hp (audio connected with wifi) is extremely distorted and unusable listening from two Win7 PCs and a Win10 PC on my LAN with Proscan client. However, the web server, mp3 recordings, and icecast source client audio are all just fine. Scanner control works fine.

So I know the audio is making it from the scanner to Proscan okay, it just isn't making it from Proscan to the RSOIP client correctly.

As near as I can tell the audio control settings are the same for each audio source (RSOIP, recorder, source client, web server).

The only thing I can think of that's unique to my setup is that I have multiple subnets / VLANs on my LAN. There is currently no firewall or packet filtering involved, only a pfsense router to separate my wired and wireless networks. So I have the following:

Proscan server: 192.168.3.102/24 (router 192.168.3.1/24)
Proscan RSOIP clients: 192.168.3.x/24
536hp wifi adapter: 192.168.6.201/24 (router 192.168.6.1/24)

Again, no tcp or udp ports are presently being blocked within the LAN.

Could the different subnets be causing my audio issue, or do I need to look elsewhere?

I can provide my proscan.cfg file if that would help.

I have not really done much troubleshooting yet (switching to wired audio or putting everything on the same subnet), as I'm hoping someone can tell me what's wrong without me tearing apart my setup. But I can do that if absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any assistance!

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.