ProScan wireless scanner control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I've never had much interest in this, but I was wondering. Is it possible to install ProScan on a WinBook Tablet, and control a scanner using Wifi? I already use ProScan 12.1 for data logging and scanner control, but the scanner is, of course, connected to my PC via a USB cable. I want to be able to go to another room inside my house and still have connectivity to the scanner, without a cable. The scanner(s) would be Uniden BCD396XT or BCD996T.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
It is possible to control wirelessly with ProScan but only with the Uniden 536HP. I do use a Winbook and 536HP on a regular basis.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I control wireless 2 996p2's 2 536's 2 15X's 1 15 and 1 785D. I can control each scanner from inside or outside my home network or control the 1 pc running all of the above scanners with teamviewer.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've never had much interest in this, but I was wondering. Is it possible to install ProScan on a WinBook Tablet, and control a scanner using Wifi? I already use ProScan 12.1 for data logging and scanner control, but the scanner is, of course, connected to my PC via a USB cable. I want to be able to go to another room inside my house and still have connectivity to the scanner, without a cable. The scanner(s) would be Uniden BCD396XT or BCD996T.

When you mean "without a cable" I take it, you are referring to a cable from the WinBook Tablet to your network. You will still need a cable from the scanner to the computer unless you are using the BCD536HP which if that's the case then no cables at all are needed.

I'm not familiar with the WinBook Tablet but if has the .Net 2.0 Framework loaded, you should be able to install and run ProScan. Once ProScan is running, it's just a matter of setting up the ProScan RSOIP server on the side connected to the scanner and setting up ProScan RSOIP Client on the WinBook Tablet.

An alternative is using the Web Server feature so any browser (Chrome recommended) on the WinBook Tablet can control the scanner. A drawback with using the Browser is the media player will produces audio latency around maybe 20 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.