RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 5:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default ProScan wireless scanner control?

I've never had much interest in this, but I was wondering. Is it possible to install ProScan on a WinBook Tablet, and control a scanner using Wifi? I already use ProScan 12.1 for data logging and scanner control, but the scanner is, of course, connected to my PC via a USB cable. I want to be able to go to another room inside my house and still have connectivity to the scanner, without a cable. The scanner(s) would be Uniden BCD396XT or BCD996T.
Old 04-20-2017, 5:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It is possible to control wirelessly with ProScan but only with the Uniden 536HP. I do use a Winbook and 536HP on a regular basis.
Old 04-20-2017, 6:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for the reply. No '536 here.
Old 04-20-2017, 7:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I control wireless 2 996p2's 2 536's 2 15X's 1 15 and 1 785D. I can control each scanner from inside or outside my home network or control the 1 pc running all of the above scanners with teamviewer.
Old 04-21-2017, 6:35 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4KRR View Post
I've never had much interest in this, but I was wondering. Is it possible to install ProScan on a WinBook Tablet, and control a scanner using Wifi? I already use ProScan 12.1 for data logging and scanner control, but the scanner is, of course, connected to my PC via a USB cable. I want to be able to go to another room inside my house and still have connectivity to the scanner, without a cable. The scanner(s) would be Uniden BCD396XT or BCD996T.
When you mean "without a cable" I take it, you are referring to a cable from the WinBook Tablet to your network. You will still need a cable from the scanner to the computer unless you are using the BCD536HP which if that's the case then no cables at all are needed.

I'm not familiar with the WinBook Tablet but if has the .Net 2.0 Framework loaded, you should be able to install and run ProScan. Once ProScan is running, it's just a matter of setting up the ProScan RSOIP server on the side connected to the scanner and setting up ProScan RSOIP Client on the WinBook Tablet.

An alternative is using the Web Server feature so any browser (Chrome recommended) on the WinBook Tablet can control the scanner. A drawback with using the Browser is the media player will produces audio latency around maybe 20 seconds.
Sponsored links