proscan audio looping on stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkneeyahx

Human
for some reason on my feed i seem to have audio looping about an hours worth of comms over and over again. maybe i'm missing something in the options. has anyone ever had this issue? thank you.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
for some reason on my feed i seem to have audio looping about an hours worth of comms over and over again. maybe i'm missing something in the options. has anyone ever had this issue? thank you.

ProScan and RadioFeed doesn't have a buffer capable of looping the audio. I would check the media player options if it has a loop option.

Last edited:

an39511

I have had this problem but on a much shorter loop, maybe upwards to 10 seconds of the same audio playing over and over. I am not sure what causes it but it has happen twice over the years.Not sure if its a proscan issue or a sound card issue.

One thing I had to do to fix it was close out proscan and relaunch it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have had this problem but on a much shorter loop, maybe upwards to 10 seconds of the same audio playing over and over. I am not sure what causes it but it has happen twice over the years.Not sure if its a proscan issue or a sound card issue.

One thing I had to do to fix it was close out proscan and relaunch it.

The connection broke or connection slow causing not enough audio buffer to play in the Media Player therefore the audio looped. Turn off the loop option in the Media Player.

Last edited:

pkneeyahx

Human
could be shorter than an hour.. maybe a half an hour, I don't know for sure. i just stopped the feed, changed some of the parameters and restarted it. it's as if it's streaming the mp3s and not the live scanner audio. still happening.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan has been using the same audio model for many years. It doesn't have a buffer that loops the audio. Perhaps something in the procedure that gets the audio from the sound device could cause it so if you could change the option "WaveIn Event" to "NAudio WaveIn Event" located in the Audio Control -> Monitor & Test tab to see if that fixes the problem.

ProScan / RadioFeed audio model is simple. It's like this:
Audio From Sound Device (WaveIn API) -> Level Control -> mp3 Convert -> Out To Internet

What kind of Media Player are you using?

an39511

The connection broke or connection slow causing not enough audio buffer to play in the Media Player therefore the audio looped. Turn off the loop option in the Media Player.

The audio loop was somehow being streamed to broadcastify. As a feed provider I have gotten complaints about this problem several times so I don't see how the Media Player has anything to do with it. What I suspect is the audio card has a memory buffer that somehow gets into a loop and fed to proscan which just sends it off to broadcastify. It has only happened a few times in several years so its hard to pinpoint the exact cause.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The audio loop was somehow being streamed to broadcastify. As a feed provider I have gotten complaints about this problem several times so I don't see how the Media Player has anything to do with it. What I suspect is the audio card has a memory buffer that somehow gets into a loop and fed to proscan which just sends it off to broadcastify. It has only happened a few times in several years so its hard to pinpoint the exact cause.

You didn't read what I suggested last post and pkneeyahx reply. That is one potential fix. It could also be the media player if the connection drops and the media player has a loop option.

switching to NAudio WaveIn Event seems to have fixed my issue. thank you for your assistance with this.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
switching to NAudio WaveIn Event seems to have fixed my issue. thank you for your assistance with this.

pkneeyahx,
Can you advise on the scanner type, and audio settings such as Samples Per Sec and Mono or Stereo so I can try to duplicate problem.

pkneeyahx

Human
The audio loop was somehow being streamed to broadcastify.

I don't stream to broadcastify. This is a private non-advertised feed for my own use and a selected few friends. ;)

Can you advise on the scanner type, and audio settings such as Samples Per Sec and Mono or Stereo so I can try to duplicate problem.

Scanner type = BCD996P2
audio settings for web server (same for all four services) = Mono, 22050, MP3, 16 kbps

cryppie

The issue is caused by RDP to the scanner server. As soon as you RDP the audio loops. It has something to do with the remote audio playback feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.