RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2017, 1:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default radiofeed won't reconnect

Considering going back to Scannercast, but will see what the peeps here have to say.
My feed disconnects every few days, likely my internet service.
The problem is that RadioFeed gets stuck on trying to connect to a Broadcastify Server. When I see the email that my feed is offline, I open RadioFeed. As soon as I click cancel on the auto-reconnect, and then Connect, all is well.
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2017, 4:22 PM
Technischer Guru
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaukScanR View Post
Considering going back to Scannercast, but will see what the peeps here have to say.
My feed disconnects every few days, likely my internet service.
The problem is that RadioFeed gets stuck on trying to connect to a Broadcastify Server. When I see the email that my feed is offline, I open RadioFeed. As soon as I click cancel on the auto-reconnect, and then Connect, all is well.
Nice to know I'm not the only one. For whatever reason, RadioFeed will drop the connection once or twice a week for no apparent reason; according to my router and server logs the internet connection was working fine and never dropped.

As soon as I see that dreaded "Feed Not Seen for 16 minutes" email, I VPN in to the server to click the "connect" button, and all is well.

I have Scannercast on the same computer running a separate feed and it never drops, only RadioFeed. And this is a fairly new development, over the last few months or so. Never used to have this issue.

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 05-07-2017, 1:53 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I did see a mention of a bug fix in a previous version for just this issue. Not sure why it is once again an issue.
I'm going back to Scannercast.