Ability to delay audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry there is already a thread here...it's closed.

Is there a way for me to set a delay on my stream purposely? Is there software I can download for this? I would like to have this ability to propose a delay on my stream to add some channels. Our current system has now encrypted all police communication with our feed in mind. I thought if they decided to eliminate the encryption on some channels over time, perhaps I could propose a delay on the feed.

Any suggestions? I am fairly ignorant on this matter. I just got the new digital scanner feed last night that is streaming what we can from fire, ems, etc. We use a Uniden BCD536HP Digital Phase 2 Base/Mobile Scanner.

Thank you for your help! I have other questions, but I will try to find those in the forum threads.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Delayed Audio

If you go down 5 comments from yours you will find the answer. I think it is well defined, very clear to understand and if your running a stream at this time you should be aware of delayed feeds and who is allowed to do them and who is not. I realize you only want to know how to do it but I think by asking than it is perceived that you will use it. I also think your asking in the wrong area for such technical advice?

Comment by:

02-03-2015, 3:31 PM
KD0TAZ
Member Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio Join Date: Dec 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly. "Official" feeds - that is, those that are maintained by a department representative (and there are requirements to verify that the feed has the department blessing) are the ONLY ones allowed to have a delay per the feed provider terms.

It's not too hard to figure out a delay though, because dispatch always announces the time at the end of each transmission.. If it's more than a few minutes behind the actual time, it's being intentionally delayed.

Thank you for the information. This is my first time ever posting in here. I tried to look around and was overwhelmed. I appreciate your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.