RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2017, 7:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Ability to delay audio

I am sorry there is already a thread here...it's closed.

Is there a way for me to set a delay on my stream purposely? Is there software I can download for this? I would like to have this ability to propose a delay on my stream to add some channels. Our current system has now encrypted all police communication with our feed in mind. I thought if they decided to eliminate the encryption on some channels over time, perhaps I could propose a delay on the feed.

Any suggestions? I am fairly ignorant on this matter. I just got the new digital scanner feed last night that is streaming what we can from fire, ems, etc. We use a Uniden BCD536HP Digital Phase 2 Base/Mobile Scanner.

Thank you for your help! I have other questions, but I will try to find those in the forum threads.

Last edited by Cherishdesrochers; 06-15-2017 at 8:29 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2017, 3:17 PM

Default Delayed Audio

If you go down 5 comments from yours you will find the answer. I think it is well defined, very clear to understand and if your running a stream at this time you should be aware of delayed feeds and who is allowed to do them and who is not. I realize you only want to know how to do it but I think by asking than it is perceived that you will use it. I also think your asking in the wrong area for such technical advice?

Comment by:

02-03-2015, 3:31 PM
KD0TAZ
Member Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio Join Date: Dec 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly. "Official" feeds - that is, those that are maintained by a department representative (and there are requirements to verify that the feed has the department blessing) are the ONLY ones allowed to have a delay per the feed provider terms.

It's not too hard to figure out a delay though, because dispatch always announces the time at the end of each transmission.. If it's more than a few minutes behind the actual time, it's being intentionally delayed.
Old 06-16-2017, 4:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you for the information. This is my first time ever posting in here. I tried to look around and was overwhelmed. I appreciate your time!