Need Help With Audio Settings HP Thin Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Just got my live stream going last night but the audio level is low unless I crank the scanner volume up. Here is my set up: Hp T5740 Thin Client with Windows XP Embedded software, ScannerCast RR edition, Bearcat 780XLT. I have the scanner connected from the Tape Out slot directly to the computers Mic In slot. I have the scanner locked on one channel with it set to Record mode. The XP software is using RealTec HD Audio for audio controls. I have all levels set at high. I was under the assumption that with this set up, the scanner volume control would be independent of the scanner feed. However, when I turn it down, the audio on the feed goes down as well. Any suggestions?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I believe the "Tape Out" on the 780 is the choice for steady output not affected by the volume control.

With the thin clients, you can change the microphone/line in input volume by going into the Windows controls. Usually a right click on the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the desktop. You want to make changes in the "recording devices".

chris

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I believe the "Tape Out" on the 780 is the choice for steady output not affected by the volume control.

With the thin clients, you can change the microphone/line in input volume by going into the Windows controls. Usually a right click on the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the desktop. You want to make changes in the "recording devices".

chris

Thanks for the reply. I have the volume set to high for the mic input in the recording devices area, however, when I turn the scanner volume down, the feed volume goes down as well. Trying to configure this so the scanner volume works independent of the feed. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.