RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2017, 10:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Raspberry PI & RTL-SDR - if squelch is set to anything other than 0 ezstream complain

I setup everything according to the guide here: Raspberry Pi RTL-SDR Broadcastify - The RadioReference Wiki

When I try to kick things off with the command listed at the end "/usr/local/bin/rtl_fm -d 0 -M fm -f 460.550M -p 32 -l 65 -g 50 -t 2 -E pad -s 12k | /usr/bin/lame -r -s 12 --resample 22.05 -m m -b 16 --cbr --lowpass 4 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -c /etc/ezstream_bcfy.xml"

everything works ok for awhile, maybe 2 minutes and then I get hit with a scrolling wall of
"ezstream: Streaming from standard input
ezstream: No (more) data available on standard input"

and then I see the the connection to broadcastify start to shut down and soon after the feed shows up as offline.

if I set the squelch in rtl_fm to 0, everything is fine. Is there some sensitivity setting for any of these applications that I'm missing that will keep the stream up?
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2017, 9:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

There is quite a long thread on your problem located at:

http://forums.radioreference.com/str...ml#post2427771

JACK26 has done lots of testing, check his posts. There is a setting in ezstream that will prevent the endless string of errors scrolling by. It doesn't fix the error just keeps it from going on forever.