ScannerCast Going offline When switching Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcnavyd

So quick questions. My ScannerCast will stop broadcasting when I switch users, No I am not logging off the user that the program is running under, just switching users. This program I believe should still be running, issue is if the kids need to use the PC and click on their account, poof there goes my feed till i log back into my account, and FYI my account still shows logged in. Any help? Really appreciate it and I am sure the listeners do also

JACK26

Just a guess but probably due to access level. Are you starting scannercast as an admin and your kids have a lower access level? I would try creating a user account and run the feed with that account.

PS: Or it may have to do with the scannercast install. Is there an option to make sure it's available to all users?

Last edited:

JACK26

No offense but your feed sounds terrible. Too much low pass filtering, pitch bending and overmodulation. What are the hardware and software details of your feed?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
So quick questions. My ScannerCast will stop broadcasting when I switch users, No I am not logging off the user that the program is running under, just switching users. This program I believe should still be running, issue is if the kids need to use the PC and click on their account, poof there goes my feed till i log back into my account, and FYI my account still shows logged in. Any help? Really appreciate it and I am sure the listeners do also

Get a dedicated PC for scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.