RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2017, 6:39 PM

Default ScannerCast Going offline When switching Users

So quick questions. My ScannerCast will stop broadcasting when I switch users, No I am not logging off the user that the program is running under, just switching users. This program I believe should still be running, issue is if the kids need to use the PC and click on their account, poof there goes my feed till i log back into my account, and FYI my account still shows logged in. Any help? Really appreciate it and I am sure the listeners do also
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2017, 6:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Just a guess but probably due to access level. Are you starting scannercast as an admin and your kids have a lower access level? I would try creating a user account and run the feed with that account.

PS: Or it may have to do with the scannercast install. Is there an option to make sure it's available to all users?

Last edited by JACK26; 09-10-2017 at 7:10 PM..
Old 09-10-2017, 7:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

No offense but your feed sounds terrible. Too much low pass filtering, pitch bending and overmodulation. What are the hardware and software details of your feed?
Old 09-14-2017, 9:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcnavyd View Post
So quick questions. My ScannerCast will stop broadcasting when I switch users, No I am not logging off the user that the program is running under, just switching users. This program I believe should still be running, issue is if the kids need to use the PC and click on their account, poof there goes my feed till i log back into my account, and FYI my account still shows logged in. Any help? Really appreciate it and I am sure the listeners do also

Get a dedicated PC for scanner.