Listening To Multiple Feeds At Same Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRHKY94

Similar to lots of members here who enjoy running multiple scanners at the same time in their shack (myself included), I also enjoy monitoring multiple on-line feeds at the same time as well. In particular, I love having the ability to still hear most of the departments in the various states, counties & towns I've lived in over the years.

While you can open multiple instances of WinAmp, Media Player etc. on your PC desktop to listen to multiple on-line feeds "simultaneously", the best method I have found is to use ScannerLive software. You can configure it to run as many as 10 feeds at once and when the audio is heard on one of them, it will mute the others. I personally find it much easier to have the feed audio running in a round robin fashion like this. In addition, you have the ability to configure custom/private feeds and also make one of them a priority so that it always stops on that one when the squelch is broken.

Another nice thing about this method, is you can "stream" the audio from ScannerLive that's running on the desktop like you would any other feed. I use Radio Feed & Icecast to do this and the audio is captured from the PC's stereo mix. This way I can listen to the multiple feeds on my phone, iPad or another PC. I also use a Logitech Squeezebox that's on my bedroom nightstand.

Curious if any other members are fans of monitoring multiple on-line feeds at the same time and what methods they might be using. Thanks!

P.S. Just a user of ScannerLive :)

Last edited:

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
Scanner live has been around for a long time. He updates as needed. He is not going anywhere.

It is worth the price he charges. Go for it :)

johnmac

Feed Provider
Scanner live has been around for a long time. He updates as needed. He is not going anywhere.

I also use ScannerLive, but I have had issues with the temporary lookout not working in Windows 7, has anyone else experienced this issue?

John

rcool101

Feed Provider

He hasn't updated anything in years.....
I have 4 feeds on bank one....If I lock out a feed or two sometimes after a couple of hours they get unlocked somehow...I have Win 10

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I am still on win 7 and have not had the problems that you seem to be having. I have all 10 banks loaded, some with multiple feeds, no issues. Wonder if it may be related to win 10? I have heard that win 10 for some reason does not work with some programs that run ok on win 7.

Was just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.