Raspberry PI/SDR/two tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Searched and found nothing.

I'm new with Raspberry PI and the ins and outs, so please understand.

I would like to use RPI to use a SDR stick, set to a certain freq, the two tone to send out a email to a list on detection of the proper tones with the audio after tones are received. Basically, this would be for my Volunteer Fire Department, sent to cellphones or their email, so it is received if they dont have their pager on their person.

Later on, I would like to use two more Raspberry PIs to stream my scanner feeds, with Alpha tags.

Best case would be for a third feed that combines two feeds and splits the audio, IE left channel, Law Enforcement , right Channel Fire/EMS, while not interfering the dedicated feeds for each. (Without Alpha Tags)

Its a tall order I'm sure, but the ability to free up the computer for other things, while recording the radio traffic would solve most my problems.

So to break it down,

Feed 1, Law Enforcement, monitors several LE channels, sends feed to Broadcastify w/ alpha tags, and records traffic.
Feed 2, Fire/EMS, monitors all fire departments I can receive, sends feed to Broadcastify w/ alpha tags, and records all traffic.
Feed 3, Combined LE/Fire/EMS, LE on left Channel, Fire/EMS on Right Channel, No Alpha tags, Not recorded, but not interfere with feed one and/or two.

SDR monitors a certain freq. Two tone detects the proper tones and sends the audio to email addresses on proper decoding. Even better would be to monitor several fire freqs, and email certain personnel depending on the tones received. I could add more SDRs if necessary for additional freqs are an issue.

Again, if this has been discussed and answered, I'm sorry, I couldn't find it.

Thank you for your time,

Allen

DC31

Feed Provider
Yes, a TALL order for sure.

1. Tags can be done on the RPi with Uniden scanners.
https://forums.radioreference.com/s...icecast-scanner-audio-feeds-raspberry-pi.html

2. You may find interfacing TTD and SDR difficult. An SDR feeds data not “sound” or “audio” like a scanner does. You will need to convert the data to sound then pipe that back in to your TTD. Some of us have spun our wheels for months on this, others have seemed to make it work.
https://brooksgarrett.com/blog/2015-12-08-configuring-sdr-for-fire-pager-scanning/

3. My advice is to just see if you can get the SDR/pi combo to work first.

4. Streaming two feeds to BCFY with tags from a single pi is not difficult. I don’t know what the limit might be, perhaps four? I haven’t done a stereo feed but it can be done with the pi.

Status
Not open for further replies.