Remote Desktop Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlapaglia

Feed Provider
I've got my scanner hooked up with RadioFeed on a server that doesn't have a monitor attached to it. When I RDP into the server RadioFeed no longer sees an audio signal even though Windows does. If I close the RadioFeed and open it again it starts working correctly.

Any ideas?

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I have a streaming setup similar to yours. See the attached picture below for how the audio on my desktop Remote Desktop Connection/Local Resources/Remote Audio Settings is configured. On the General tab, I saved the RDP connection settings to disk so they'd be retained.

My streaming PC, a modified HP thin client running Windows 7 Embedded, uses an external USB audio device (a Behringer UCA-202). The UCA-202 is set as the default device for both recording (as a "line-in") and as playback. The speakers and the system sounds are both muted on the thin client.

In RadioFeed, the UCA-202 is set as the input sound device on the 'Source Client' tab.

I'm no expert on RDP, but with these settings, I can log into my streaming PC from my desktop PC without issues.

Attachments

• RDP1.jpg
    RDP1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

mlapaglia

Feed Provider
I have a streaming setup similar to yours. See the attached picture below for how the audio on my desktop Remote Desktop Connection/Local Resources/Remote Audio Settings is configured. On the General tab, I saved the RDP connection settings to disk so they'd be retained.

My streaming PC, a modified HP thin client running Windows 7 Embedded, uses an external USB audio device (a Behringer UCA-202). The UCA-202 is set as the default device for both recording (as a "line-in") and as playback. The speakers and the system sounds are both muted on the thin client.

In RadioFeed, the UCA-202 is set as the input sound device on the 'Source Client' tab.

I'm no expert on RDP, but with these settings, I can log into my streaming PC from my desktop PC without issues.

I'll give that a shot, thanks!

mlapaglia

Feed Provider
Ok I got the same USB device as you, got radiofeed set up to use it. I disconnect the remote desktop then reconnect. I see the microphone level on Windows going up and down with the radio, but radiofeed doesn't see any audio.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This is a known problem if you are using Windows 10. It started about a year and a half ago. Install Real VNC and use that instead.

mlapaglia

Feed Provider
Maybe I'll just spin up a VM with windows 7 and run it through that. Thanks!

mlapaglia

Feed Provider
Well I can get the USB audio device passed through to the VM, but the scanner's USB interface isn't playing ball with it. So I could broadcast from within the VM but I can't get any of the metadata I want to transmit with the stream.

Pezking

Hate to bump such an old thread, but has anyone found a solution besides abandoning RDP?

Pezking

As posted Teamviewer does work

I know. That’s not what I asked. I want to use the native RDP because it supports active directory. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel, just RDP without Windows fubaring the audio setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.