cant get port on external ip!!! ony on local IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need help please, i have proscan and am running the webserver and have opened a port (5001) on my router to my local ip( desktop computer) . i double checked if it worked by using my laptop and i typed my local ip address, following the colon ,and the port number (5001) in my url , and my stream came up pefectly fine ...... but whenever i try to open the port using my external ip adress it does not work , it even used the checkmyport.com website or whatever to test if my port is working externally and it says connection timed out!

i can only connect the port through my local ip adress , how do i open the port with my external ip adress so when im out of town i can view my stream on a different network ??????

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
i need help please, i have proscan and am running the webserver and have opened a port (5001) on my router to my local ip( desktop computer) . i double checked if it worked by using my laptop and i typed my local ip address, following the colon ,and the port number (5001) in my url , and my stream came up pefectly fine ...... but whenever i try to open the port using my external ip adress it does not work , it even used the checkmyport.com website or whatever to test if my port is working externally and it says connection timed out!

i can only connect the port through my local ip adress , how do i open the port with my external ip adress so when im out of town i can view my stream on a different network ??????

It sounds like you didn't setup the Router Port Forwarding?

belvdr

No longer interested in living

Assuming your webserver is running on port 80, are you sure you forwarded external port 80 to internal port 5001?

It's also quite possible your ISP is blocking common ports, such as 25, 80, and 443. If you can, post a picture of your port forwarding settings.

Assuming your webserver is running on port 80, are you sure you forwarded external port 80 to internal port 5001?

It's also quite possible your ISP is blocking common ports, such as 25, 80, and 443. If you can, post a picture of your port forwarding settings.

I have not done that ! That is my issue Im assuming , I need to use port 80 which is my web server port to hook it to my port 5001 , how do it do that??

Attachments

• 52D52207-2F65-4489-823B-209F80922AD7.jpg
    52D52207-2F65-4489-823B-209F80922AD7.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 96

How do I do this? How do I forward 80 external to 5001 internal???

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
How do I do this? How do I forward 80 external to 5001 internal???

Don't use port 80. Server Port default is 5000. Setup the Router Port Forwarding to use TCP, Server Port, & computer IP address or name. Consult the router manual for instructions on setting up Port Forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.