Rasp Pi 3 and Darkice Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhapidFyre

Hello all, I am currently trying to set up my 2nd Raspberry Pi 3 feed. However, I'm having the same repeat problem with no correction in sight. I am following the directions word-for-word at: https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_Broadcastify_Build

The problem is that it doesn't work. I have set everything up and triple checked, but I get the following error:
DarkIce: LameLibEncoder.cpp:75: lame lib opening underlying sink error [0]

After researching that error, I've read that it's failure to connect to the stream server/Check your config settings. Here they are below:

device = plughq:1,0
sampleRate = 22050
bitsPerSample = 16
channel = 1

bitrateMode = cbr
format = mp3
bitrate = 16
quality = 0.1
channel = 1
lowpass = 4000
sampleRate = 22050

server = audio1.broadcastify.com
port = 80
password = abcdefghi
mountPoint = mountwithnoslash #your feed mount point (Leave out the "/")
name = Oroville Police and Fire

RhapidFyre

I got it working on Darksnow GUI, but I'd like to get Darkice working so its automatic.

I tried the commands as specified in both links, both as sudo as well.

DC31 is pretty much the Linux/Darkice/RasPi guru, he usually pops into these threads.

I know the instructions you're referencing work with an older version of raspbian so some things don't work. My personal build I'm running stretch and darkice for me, I've not been able to get it to run on startup or after a reboot automatically, I have to do it manually.

You may be better off just starting over with a fresh install of raspbian and then just install darkice and see if that works.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s8+ using Tapatalk.

DC31

Feed Provider
The lame underlying sink error usually means that you already have the feed running from some other source. Did you forget go shut down the feed from a P C or something? You can’t have two devices feeding the same BCFY stream. It could also mean that you have something in the configuration file wrong. I was going to direct you back to the other forum thread at:
https://forums.radioreference.com/s...eam-broadcastify-rasberry-pi.html#post2883313
But it looks like you may have already tried that. Those directions should work on your pi3.

boatbod

Hello all, I am currently trying to set up my 2nd Raspberry Pi 3 feed. However, I'm having the same repeat problem with no correction in sight. I am following the directions word-for-word at: https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_Broadcastify_Build

The problem is that it doesn't work. I have set everything up and triple checked, but I get the following error:
DarkIce: LameLibEncoder.cpp:75: lame lib opening underlying sink error [0]

After researching that error, I've read that it's failure to connect to the stream server/Check your config settings. Here they are below:

device = plughq:1,0[\b]
sampleRate = 22050
bitsPerSample = 16
channel = 1

bitrateMode = cbr
format = mp3
bitrate = 16
quality = 0.1
channel = 1
lowpass = 4000
sampleRate = 22050

server = audio1.broadcastify.com
port = 80
password = abcdefghi
mountPoint = mountwithnoslash #your feed mount point (Leave out the "/")
name = Oroville Police and Fire

Are you sure you have your alsa device name correct? "plughq:1,0" looks like a typo to me. Try "plughw:1,0"

Status
Not open for further replies.