I'm all setup, lets stream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garikfox

I'm all setup, do i sound ok?

Hello everyone, I've spent the past two days tuning my feed here in Arizona. I think I've got it pretty good.

May i ask some of you to test my new stream here from Arizona ?

I'm very curious and interested in what your all opinions are since I've never done this before.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28407

Thank you,

--Garik

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I've spent the past two days tuning my feed here in Arizona. I think I've got it pretty good.

May i ask some of you to test my new stream here from Arizona ?

I'm very curious and interested in what your all opinions are since I've never done this before.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28407

Thank you,

--Garik

Been listening and it sounds real good, glad you have the IDs on the feed.

NYRHKY94

Nice job. Sounds good to me as well. Hearing a slight hissing sound in the background, similar to what I experienced running a feed using the headphone jack on my BCD436HP. I used a ground loop isolater to take the hiss out. Nice to see alpha tags on the feed.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
A hiss is not indicative of a ground loop, that would be a 60hz buzz. A hiss suggests that you're running your preamp on your feed providing computer too hot and not enough output from the scanner. Try turning up scanner audio and turning down the preamp on the computer. This is known in the pro audio world as "gain staging".

garikfox

I think I fixed it! :)
I put the Recording Volume to 75% from 100%, and the scanner volume to 10 from 9.

Edit: Not fixed, lol

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

Garikfox:

Just an FYI. In my own personal experience, I found it challenging to run a clean, hiss free feed using the headphone jack on the BCD436HP. The REC out jack that Uniden used to provide on the back of their previous versions of base scanners was ideal for running feeds (nice clean audio). The best feed audio I have experienced to date is using the Wifi feature on the BCD536HP. No cables involved, which eliminates lots of potential audio issues.

In any event, when I inserted the ground loop isolator below between the audio cables running out from the headphone jack on the BCD436HP and the "Line-In" on my PC sound card...the hiss I was hearing was significantly reduced. Again, just my own experience.

Very nice job on your feed!

Mike

Attachments

• RS Ground Loop Isolator.JPG
    RS Ground Loop Isolator.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 156

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
If the ground loop isolator doesn't remove the hiss to your satisfaction, you might try adding a noise gate to the audio signal path. The gate blocks the audio signal until the signal exceeds a level set on the gate. There are both hardware noise gates and software noise gates you can try ... there are a few free software gates out there.

Both of my feeds use hardware noise gates. The gates are part of a dbx compressor I use to level out the feed volume.

NYRHKY94

Me too, especially when it comes to feeds ;-) I tweak and tweak like there is no tomorrow. When I set-up my first Wifi based feed using the BCD536HP, I found nirvana. Pristine audio with no input jacks, sound card or cables!

Status
Not open for further replies.