Providing a feed via BCD536 wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill11312

Hello,
I am looking for some information on whether or no I could set up a Scanner feed in my area strictly by using the WiFi via the BCD536 ? I can use the Siren App but I would like to use the WiFi directly. Thanks in advance.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I am looking for some information on whether or no I could set up a Scanner feed in my area strictly by using the WiFi via the BCD536 ? I can use the Siren App but I would like to use the WiFi directly. Thanks in advance.

In addition to jonwienke advising on my ProScan. My FREE RadioFeed app also can use the scanner Wi-Fi to stream audio and text tags. Just no remote control and virtual display.

Last edited:

W4TF

Bob, I followed your directions to setup proscan to steam via WiFi (no audio cable between radio and pc). Are you saying that I could now use RadioFeed to stream to Broadcastify/RR with this setup? I tried, but it seemed like RadioFeed was looking for an actually cable input for audio, not WiFi. How do I tell RadioFeed to use the WiFi audio?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, I followed your directions to setup proscan to steam via WiFi (no audio cable between radio and pc). Are you saying that I could now use RadioFeed to stream to Broadcastify/RR with this setup? I tried, but it seemed like RadioFeed was looking for an actually cable input for audio, not WiFi. How do I tell RadioFeed to use the WiFi audio?

Yes. Go to the Input Sound Device box, select URL then click the URL Setup button.

W4TF

Thanks for the quick reply. The only option I have in the drop down is "Primary Sound Capture Device", url is not a listed option in my RadioFeed app.
Yes. Go to the Input Sound Device box, select URL then click the URL Setup button.

Nevermind, I just realized I could do this directly from ProScan. Thanks again for the help and incredible write up

Edit: nevermind, I just realized I could do this directly from ProScan. Thanks again for the help and incredible write up

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

W4TF:

Under the Metadata tab in RadioFeed, do you have BCD536HP selected as the scanner type? Once you do that, URL will appear as an option under sound input

NYRHKY94

Glad you enjoyed my write-up. Bob was nice enough to work with me on those tutorials and then post them on his main web page. Using the Wifi feature for feeds provides the best audio of any method I've used to date.

W4TF

Nope, I did not. Now I see it. But I just realized I could broadcast directly from ProScan, so I'm going that route. Thank you nonetheless. Amazing software!

Status
Not open for further replies.