Recording Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

Does anyone know how i can get quality sounding recordings that are comparable to the Broadcastify recordings? I'm currently using RecAll however the quality isn't that good. If i record without VOX there's a constant noise even when there are no transitions being recorded. Does anyone know what Broadcastify uses for recording?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what Broadcaster uses for recording?
I don't think that's relevant as Broadcastify recordings are done on the server side which are probably non Windows Servers and therefore the app is non Windows compatible.

Does anyone know how i can get quality sounding recordings that are comparable to the Broadcastify recordings? I'm currently using RecAll however the quality isn't that good. If i record without VOX there's a constant noise even when there are no transitions being recorded.
Before you suspect the app you are using, I would look into improving the audio quality with the app you are using. Chances are it's not the app. Noise present when no traffic could be due a number of things such as Windows Mixer Mic level set too hot, audio cable not shielded. If you hear a 60 cycle hum, most likely you have a ground loop that should be fixed.

Also check the samples per second is set to at least 22050 and 16 bits per sample.

{edit} Also I don't think it's the app causing the type of noise you are describing because all apps receive a digital (PCM) signal from the sound device via the OS and stays digital all the way to the media player. Most types of noise are impossible to produce on the digital side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.