Multiple Channel Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinger2424

Lets say I want to stream the local Fire/EMS scan on one channel and Law Enforcement on a second channel.

That way fire fans can listen without hearing the LE action and vise versa.

Would I need two scanners? Would I need two seperate computers for the two channels?

How would you make this work?

Thanks for any replys I get from experienced users!

INLANDSMOG

I am ass u ming that you are referring to left and right stereo channel.
2 scanners required plug the audio in, one on left channel input and the other on right using an audio splitter cable only one PC required.
Feel free to contact me

slinger2424

Maybe channel is the wrong word.

If someone heads to my website....

I want them to be able to click on EMS/Fire OR Law Enforcement.

Both will be seperate individual feeds, so the fire guys dont have to listen to the LE and vise versa.

I am assuming I will need 2 scanners for this project anyway.

jonny290

Technically this is possible but you're looking at some serious programming and logic to do it. Scanners only have one receiver and audio bus so you'd have to:

1: write logic to parse frequency data from the scanner bus
2: set up multiple stream servers
3: figure out how to switch the audio feed from one to the other in realtime.

Way, way easier:
1: Buy a second scanner
2: get a $10 second sound card
3: Start up another stream server off the second input.

brandon

Database Admin
You can feed PD to the left stereo channel and fire dept to the right. Then on your client computer go into the control panel > sounds and you can configure the speaker volumes. Make the volume low/muted for one of the speakers and vice-versa. Should work.... kinda like how they do Spanish SAP on TV I believe. Now setting up the feed this way I don't know but I've seen it done by many folks.

I just found it easier to have a second sound card in the machine. One for a BC250D and other for PRO-60.

slinger2424

I know 100% for a fact that I do NOT want to do the left right thing. I personally HATE that.

I want people to be able to listen to whichever they prefer without having to try and ignore the other stuff on the same feed.

Just trying to give people what that would want :D If am going to do it, might as well take the time to do it right.

billdbau

I don't understand this stereo feature. I use bbscanner on my blackberry and listen through the internal speaker. So now I get to hear two different services at the same time when I only want to hear one. Can't find this same problem on this forum. Everyone is talking about computers and not Blackberrys. Any ideas?

richtidd

Database Admin
Maybe channel is the wrong word.

If someone heads to my website....

I want them to be able to click on EMS/Fire OR Law Enforcement.

Both will be seperate individual feeds, so the fire guys dont have to listen to the LE and vise versa.

I am assuming I will need 2 scanners for this project anyway.

This can be done in two ways:

1 For each feed you have, you Embed Feed in a Web Page.
Doing this adds a player of the feed in your web site. Info is in the technicals tab for your feed page.

2 If you do not want to do #1, simply copy the URL to your feeds & post that on your web page.

Each feed will need a separate feed application & scanner.

You can use one computer for both feeds. See here: Multiple Feed Configuration.

Does this answer your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.