Another rookie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinger2424

Go easy on me on this one...

I want to preface that I do not want to steal, or rob, or cheat anyone in any way.

I am wondering if it is possible to use other feeds on the net and stream them all from a site I create?

I mean if I want to pay for the bandwidth and such, to have many many different feeds from all over the country on one site, where we can charge a small membership fee to cover the cost of bandwidth and equpiment, is this at all possible?

How should I approach the people that currently own or stream the feeds?

Ideas, thoughts, concerns?

Thanks a million and take it easy, I mean no harm.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Check out my site - I basically do the same thing, but mostly with video feeds: http://livetelevisionfeeds.com

I just have a handful of scanner feeds since most of my interest is in the video feeds. But eventually I intend to tie the two together so that people can watch a live news event happen and hear the scanner traffic for it too. I don't think people will mind too much if you link to their streams (bunches of other sites do) but they might not be too happy about you charging for it - that's why I decided against going subscription based on mine.

Have a look around, feel free to ask me questions. I created the whole site in php - pretty basic stuff.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.