Very Disappointing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFsponge

I was very saddened today to see a profanity-laced entry in the "ProScan Client" sofware reccommended by RR users under the "Scanner over IP" tab today. I do volunteer work with my local Boy Scout troop and have gotten many of them interested in radio monitoring. Listening to an on-line feed with equipment they already have at home is much less expensive than purchasing a radio. (which they'd probably break within an hour anyway - good kids, though) Trying to keep good kids good, and stuff like this dosen't help! I tried the link and also the IP address independently to complain to the individual(s) responsible, but the link and address (192.168.201.185) appear to be dead. If anyone here has contact info for this address or has the power to remove it (or at least the profanity) from the software, please let me know.

Thanks!
Rob

Last edited:

RolnCode3

192.168.***.*** is the type of IP that computers on a network use. Whatever IP you were seeing was most likely a posting of an internal (behind a router) IP used to ID the individual computers on a network.

RFsponge

RolnCode3 said:
192.168.***.*** is the type of IP that computers on a network use. Whatever IP you were seeing was most likely a posting of an internal (behind a router) IP used to ID the individual computers on a network.

Bill-

Thanks for the info. When I try to connect to it, it sits for about 20 seconds and then states that the connection to whatever server it is has failed. Not sure what else to do at this point. I recommended this to the kids last week...

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I saw it last night and tried to dig out info but couldn't lock on the server either. It's not on at this time so Bob may have intervened.

brandon

Database Admin
Yeah I noticed that last night as well.

Bob's username at RR is ProScan
You can also contact him at the ProScan forums - www.proscan.org click on Message Board.

Hopefully they can take care of this problem.

RFsponge

Problem solved!

I just checked the software again and the site is gone. Thank you all for your help and thank you to those who removed it.

Much appreciated!
Rob

edweirdFL

RolnCode3 said:

That IP falls into one of the ranges of non-routing IP address. If you connected to it, it was on your own network. If you saw it in a list of addresses, it's one you couldn't connect to if it wasn't on your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.