Audio/Video Streaming Attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8qch

Hello all,
After looking through some of these posts, I put together an aduio/video feed of a pro-96 scanner from the house. At this point, it only runs in Windows Media Player because I am streaming it via Windows Media Encoder.

If you all could do me a favor and see if you can connect to it and tell me what you think? Let me know if you have a problem connectiing, can;t connect at all or anything. Yes I know the audio is Ehhh but it is a facotr of the age of the scanner, the distance from the control channel and I think I have a bad audio cable. But this is just a test at this point (a beta if you will ;)

To connect, you can go to http://www.kc8qch.com/audio3.asx and this will open your media player. or open mieda player manually, click on file and open url and the url is http://www.kc8qch.com:1638.

This is only a temporary feed and will likly be taken down after a day for refinment. Thanks all.

BTW the feed you are listening to is the City of Cincinnati Fire Department, just the Dispatch talkgroup and the Fireground 2 talkgroup.

Jeff

Last edited:

mlinthicum

Connected just fine! Very interesting way of getting the "visual" along with the audio. Maybe focus in on the screen just a little more. By the way, I'm using a laptop from a parking lot in the Dayton area! :cool:

kc8qch

Thanks Mike. That's Awesome...

BTW Plans are once I get this working, I am going to feed the audio, on a parttime basis (as long as the stream is up) to the MVBN Teamspeak Server....Just a heads up

Thanks for the info.

Jeff

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Connected ok but things seem to be lagging a bit. Stop downloading the pr0n and it will speed back up :D

kc8qch

LOL now if I do that....what else am I supposed to do during the day ;)

Thanks all for your help. I was bored here a few minutes agop so I tried to connect via my Del Axim via the wireless here at work and it connected okay..looks pretty cool on that little screen to...so it's sitting in it's dock just streaming away LOL!

YEs I bore easily..

mlinthicum

Jeff, I just upgraded my WMP to ver. 11, and it working great. Did you adjust the webcam for a tighter shot on the scanner? Now that I'm home, the image looks larger.

kc8qch

Nope. I haven't been home all day to adjust (I've been at work) I won't be able to make adjustments till after I get home from work (sometime after 5:30ish). I am going to tighten the shot and see if I can illuminate the screen differently and change/move antenna's see if that improves anything....

kc8qch

Yes. As soon as I got home last night, I started moving the computers around in the office to complete the project of rearranging the office over the weekend. The computer that was running the feed was in my server rack and it's now on the Radio Desk. I am going to make some adjustments and try to get it back online tonight/tomorrow. I will post and let you all know when it's back. Sorry about that.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What is the link to the MVBN Teamspeak server? And do you have other streamers on that server as well?

kc8qch said:
Thanks Mike. That's Awesome...

BTW Plans are once I get this working, I am going to feed the audio, on a parttime basis (as long as the stream is up) to the MVBN Teamspeak Server....Just a heads up

Thanks for the info.

Jeff

kc8qch

Well there are a couple of links. the first tis to the website http://www.mvbn.net. To access the TS server, put 67.18.58.10:8811 into your Teamspeak and you should connect. There are a number a feeds from the area in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.