NOAA Weather Radio Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I wonder how much of a delay they have. Wouldn't do much good for a tornado warning if it was a very long delay.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I had a listen on one of them earlier, not sure which one, but it said the current time was 4:30 while my computer showed me a time of 4:31 so it can't be that far off.

Dubbin said:
I wonder how much of a delay they have. Wouldn't do much good for a tornado warning if it was a very long delay.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Can't imagine anyone would sit and listen to this on hours on end in hopes of catching a tornado warning ;> There are much better ways of getting that info.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
rdale said:
Can't imagine anyone would sit and listen to this on hours on end in hopes of catching a tornado warning ;> There are much better ways of getting that info.

Really? Wow I didn't know that...

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Dubbin said:

Couldn't be any longer than when the spotter or law enforecement calls it into the WFO and they issue the warning, then it finally gets to your TV or radio.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Sadly enough that is so true, most if not all comm centres should be equipped with a weatheradio.

And to think there's probably lots of people out there willing to donate one to them and show them how to use it too.

Once I know for a fact that the S.A.M.E. feature is fully implemented in my area, I will gladly give my wx radio to my local fire dept. and show them how to use it properly. ( I already programmed there scanner for the region already) If I had 2 of them I'd gladly give one to the OPP to.

NeFire242 said:
Couldn't be any longer than when the spotter or law enforecement calls it into the WFO and they issue the warning, then it finally gets to your TV or radio.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Dubbin said:
Really? Wow I didn't know that...

Read more, post less, and you'll be amazed at what you can learn here...

Dubbin

Feed Provider
rdale said:
Read more, post less, and you'll be amazed at what you can learn here...

Dude it was just something I was wondering about so there is no need for your smart*** comments.

SCPD

QRT
Sweeeeet

Been Looking for this for a while. The Delay is like 30 seconds in Dallas, TX. and there is a lot of backround noise like the audio is someones scanner on a mic. Reguardless, a good reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.