DX Tuners Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Wow that really sucks. I have used them for several years...
I will miss the Rommele Super DX site!

ffemtbland

man, i am super bummed! i literally JUST renewed my membership. nice of them to give a refund ... i'm really sorry that they've closed - this has been the only way for me to get on the hf bands.
Lars

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Maybe this will now spawn a few more radios coming online using the likes of shoutcast/icecast or even teamspeak.

I know there were some out there that I wanted to listen to but never did sign up for the pay portion of the site.

Either which way though, it was still a good site in it's own right.

scannerpro

ffemtbland said:
man, i am super bummed! i literally JUST renewed my membership. nice of them to give a refund ... i'm really sorry that they've closed - this has been the only way for me to get on the hf bands.
Lars

----------------------------------

IMPORTANT INFO TO EXISTING USERS AND SUBSCRIBERS

We are willing to refund your 1 year or quarterly subscription fully or partially depending on its due date. Please contact refund@dxtuners.com with your login name and your paypal email address and you will get a refund within a couple of days.

----------------------------------

That's what I found off their webpage so I hope the helps for you. Atleast their willing to give back a little bit.

MADScan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That SUCKS

billpa

Has anyone gotten a refund yet?

I too am bummed about this; I was a full-paying member since 2003...it'll be missed- one of my all-time favorites on the entire Internet.

dralston

Did anyone have an inkling it was going away or have any notion why it did so? I was on again, off again, over the years and thought it was a pretty cool operation.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
With the software being created by the owner and the server & website owned by 1 person, it had to be shutdown at some point in time. Yes it seemed rather abrupt for it to end this early but maybe Kelly thought it was best for it to end now before it got even bigger down the road. It will be missed but all of these tuners can be put on the net eventually.

Jason

billpa

When it was first shutdown, there was a letter from Kelly on the website explaining that he no longer had the time to run it- he also said he couldn't find anyone else who could takeover without his help.

Jason, you're right, with the whole operation in the hands of one person it meant it would never live past that person's interest.

Also, on the dxtuners website, for only a couple of days after shutdown, there was a forum for people to keep in touch and pass along messages about where the receivers might end up- but when people started to try to organize a similar service, Kelly removed the forum and issued a terse warning to not use the software he developed. He stated that if anyone wanted to organize such a network they should do as he did ten years ago and start from scratch.

dralston

Thanks for the info. I had returned a few months ago to DX Tuners but had not been on for a while and this posting here caught me by surprise. I do recall it was basically done by one person and had to be a lot of work. Having at times attempted to do something on my own that way, albeit much smaller, I remember I eventually found it became work and no longer an enjoyable hobby and had to end it, much to the disappointment of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.