ARC EazyStream Application Hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I have installed and un-installed Client several times.

I have also tried scansoutheasternmass too,same trouble.

They always (hang) stop working after 10 minutes or so with my
server. "Program not responding".

The MS event viewer shows application hang.

Any idea how to trouble shoot this?

edweirdFL

I have the same problem as well

I've had this problem with Easystream since December. So far, these are the suggestions from the program's author.

email in December

"Are you sure there are no power savers enabled? Also do you run Norton
security software? If so try disabling that software since we had problems
with Norton.
"

"You need to download and re-install both the server and client.
The previous version is autotically un-installed."

email in January

"It is very likely that Norton AV is causing this, we had several other
customer that disabled Norton AV and the tags worked again, so make sure
Norton is properly configured. If you get a demo expired message the
software detected that the demo was used before, but simply enter your
registration to disable the message."

Of course, I tried disabling Norton AV on both the client and host, and also disabling any power conservation settings on both, with no luck.

When I kept getting demo expired messages after downloading new install packages from the web site, I quite frankly got fed up with it, and lost the patience to try and make it work.

If you get it working, please let me know, as I'd like to think I got something for the money I spent.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
the support level from Butel is awful!!! I've mentioned this numerous times in the software forum. I ran into the demo expiration as well even with a key. once I received that msg I was unable to find a way to enter the key I bought. I'm just glad I didn't pay full price for ARC996 or the Easystream Server.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I gave up on the server and client. Client was always hanging.Done with it.
I have ProScan Server and client running.Simple.Slick.

And no application hang for me.Yippie.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
I'm really starting to wonder if this eazystream is a dead product. Nothing more has been said by the software's author. I've mentioned the 'Choppy Audio' problem numerious times to the author, on this forum, on other forums, and nothing to this date has been done. The usual answer has always been: 'Make sure you're running the latest version of Server and Client' - How many time am I going to be asked this question???

<begin rant> We're not even on a final release of this software yet, not a version 1.0 yet. If this company was based in the US, a complaint would be filed with the BBB and the Division of Consumer Affairs - People have bought the software, they are having problems, they are getting little support, and when they ask for their money back - they get 'Too bad' <end rant>

I can't wait until ProScan supports the 996T! It looks like it's gonna be awesome software!:D

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
mikea7531 said:
I can't wait until ProScan supports the 996T! It looks like it's gonna be awesome software!:D

ProScan support for the 996 is aprox. 3 months. Anyone who uses ProScan knows that it will be done right.

Check out my website www.proscan.org to see the BC996 Front Panel.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
mikea7531 said:
I'm really starting to wonder if this eazystream is a dead product. Nothing more has been said by the software's author. I've mentioned the 'Choppy Audio' problem numerious times to the author, on this forum, on other forums, and nothing to this date has been done. The usual answer has always been: 'Make sure you're running the latest version of Server and Client' - How many time am I going to be asked this question???

<begin rant> We're not even on a final release of this software yet, not a version 1.0 yet. If this company was based in the US, a complaint would be filed with the BBB and the Division of Consumer Affairs - People have bought the software, they are having problems, they are getting little support, and when they ask for their money back - they get 'Too bad' <end rant>

totally agree with you. Gommert gives an answer to say he addressed it but I feel (personal opinion here) he doesn't totally know how to fix the issue(s) and/or doesn't care... I think its a little of both. according to Butel's site, he's going to be at the Dayton Hamfest this weekend, maybe the people with issues need to visit him to get a better answer face to face.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
mike_s104 said:
totally agree with you. Gommert gives an answer to say he addressed it but I feel (personal opinion here) he doesn't totally know how to fix the issue(s) and/or doesn't care... I think its a little of both. according to Butel's site, he's going to be at the Dayton Hamfest this weekend, maybe the people with issues need to visit him to get a better answer face to face.

Did anyone get the email from ScannerMaster today? It looks like Butel was too busy developing 'ARC-COMMANDO'. Looks like software for the commercial market. Me thinks he's forgetting about the hobbyist and not taking care of the choppy audio issue. :roll:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
mikea7531 said:
Did anyone get the email from ScannerMaster today? It looks like Butel was too busy developing 'ARC-COMMANDO'. Looks like software for the commercial market. Me thinks he's forgetting about the hobbyist and not taking care of the choppy audio issue. :roll:

I just read it...I really think before he releases more software, he needs to fix what he already has out.

Status
Not open for further replies.