Stream a scanner to your cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litleabey

I have been searching around the site for a while now looking for ways to feed my scanner to my cell phone. I have a blackjack from cingular with the windows media player...Is this even possible. I found a few that talked about calling a number and listening but I don't want to do that...Any ideas?

Scan-Denver

Litleabey said:
I have been searching around the site for a while now looking for ways to feed my scanner to my cell phone. I have a blackjack from cingular with the windows media player...Is this even possible. I found a few that talked about calling a number and listening but I don't want to do that...Any ideas?
The windows media player on your phone works the same as on your computer. enter in the web address of the feed you want to listen to minus the "http://" and replace it with "mms://" and there you go.

Like this one for instance... ---> mms://streamwebtown.com/scandenver <--- Enter in this web address into your windows media player on your phone - it works on mine so it should work on yours.

Litleabey

I was trying that program...I was able to get your stream working. I am an idiot when it comes to using that windows encoder thing. I have no idea on how to set it up...I want to use a microphone with mine...Any help would be great... Thanks

NYRHKY94

I currently use Resco Radio on my Verizon XV6700 pocket pc/phone to listen to my scanner stream. Once the stream is properly set-up at home (I use Icecast-Ogg-Winamp), all you need to do is save the stream url in Resco Radio and the scanner becomes one of the stations I can listen to. I've posted a picture showing the phone in my car with the Resco program running. My scanner stream station is the bottom right tab.

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Scan-Denver said:
The windows media player on your phone works the same as on your computer. enter in the web address of the feed you want to listen to minus the "http://" and replace it with "mms://" and there you go.

Like this one for instance... ---> mms://streamwebtown.com/scandenver <--- Enter in this web address into your windows media player on your phone - it works on mine so it should work on yours.

Is your stream windows encoded?? or is it mp3 ??
I can connect to your stream via my 8525, but I can't use my live stream at all with any of my windows mobile devices? I stream mp3

I think I'm going to need to load "Resco Radio" into my devices.
I was hoping for a solution for my other cell phones w/o windows too.

Maybe i'll have to go the Astrisk@Home route, as previously discussed in another thread

EDIT:

I just downloaded GSPlayer, and it works great. It even supports my alpha-tagging streams!!
Just change the buffer rate to 56k!....and its FREE

Last edited:

madnachos

A bit OT but figured someone might find the info useful: PocketTunes for the PalmOS (I use with my Treo 650) works great for streaming internet scanner feeds.

Scan-Denver

Liquid_Squelch said:
Is your stream windows encoded?? or is it mp3 ??
I can connect to your stream via my 8525, but I can't use my live stream at all with any of my windows mobile devices? I stream mp3

I think I'm going to need to load "Resco Radio" into my devices.
I was hoping for a solution for my other cell phones w/o windows too.

Maybe i'll have to go the Astrisk@Home route, as previously discussed in another thread

EDIT:

I just downloaded GSPlayer, and it works great. It even supports my alpha-tagging streams!!
Just change the buffer rate to 56k!....and its FREE
Yes I use windows media encoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.