Calling PG county MD, And DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
I would like to host 2 Scanner one in each of the above listed places. If anyone has any ideas where i can put these that would be great.

There would be nothing to worry about i would take care of all the work. The only to worry about is where you would pick for dinner so i can get you a gift cert or something.

Please if any knows send me a PM ASAP.

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm fairly certain we already have streaming scanners for both DC and PG county - did you check the various places such as Shoutcast, ect. as listed in our Wiki first?

73s Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Which ones have you tried? Comments like this one are virtually useless since no one can check your results. Please state the URLs for the ones you've tried

73s Mike

BFD319

Feed Provider
I have tryed all the PGFD dept website's that have links to online audio and none of them have worked in awhile. have not seen anyother sites that have it.

A

ACU1000

Here is the link I have for DC and either it doesnt work or I dont have the right client configured to load the link.

http://scanner.dc-fop.org:8618/listen.pls

Can someone advise if this is a correct and working link? If this is not correct, can someone advise a correct link to streaming DC scanner?

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Nope, currently there is no DC PD or FD feeds and the only Prince Georges County FD feed is that one on firefeeds. DCFD used to be on firefeeds but it was taken down about 4 months ago.

Jason

A

ACU1000

Scott. Thanks - it will be greatly appreciated!!! Looking forward to the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any word on the progress on the feeds for DC and PG? The PG firefeeds.COM feed is very bad.

I know the old PG feeds that were hosted by West Lanham Hills Volunteer Fire Department are shut down and most likely not to be turned back on. The scanners are there collecting dust but I heard they have serious server issues. The Riverdale Volunteers hosted a feed before and for a little while after WLHVFD's were off line. Again I don't think they will be back.

If anyone is thinking of hosting PGFD again I suggest having three separate feeds with three separate channels. Channels one, three, and four. If you really want to make some folks happy have five feeds and add channels two and seven. To do this successfully you would need to select a location near Central Ave. This way all the channels would come in clear. Trying to monitor all of PGFD channels from one radio on one feed is just too difficult. Those channels are too busy to use one scanner. Even driving around I will keep the mobile on one, portable on the EMS channel or fire ground channel and scanner on the local police district. (I don’t want to give up my location, seems some folks are curious to who I am lol)Also, there is no need to hear 46.12, its just tones with the vocal in the background. Very annoying.

The old DC feed used to be from a kid in College Park attending the U of Md. He always shut it off during break and I' guessing he either graduated or got a girlfriend.

Last edited:

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
The_B_Chief:

I am the one who hosts the feed for fire feeds. right now it is in a very private location. Out of sight out of mind sort of thing. Were working on getting the antenna adjusted. Right now it is hard with the contruction of the building. However i have no problem hosting another if someone is willing to donate space and power. if you can find me that i will build the computer to get it started.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
SShuster221 said:
The_B_Chief:

I am the one who hosts the feed for fire feeds. right now it is in a very private location. Out of sight out of mind sort of thing. Were working on getting the antenna adjusted. Right now it is hard with the contruction of the building. However i have no problem hosting another if someone is willing to donate space and power. if you can find me that i will build the computer to get it started.

I copy. Sorry if I came off in a demeaning manor. I understand the challenges of hosting an online scanner and wish you the best of luck. I also appreciate your effort in hosting the PGFD feed as I travel away from the area often but still like to "keep score". You might want to try contacting one of the volunteer stations in PG for some help. I know it helps boost website hits.

phyrngn

Imho

I'd like to see it on Teamspeak, IMHO...It's free to listen to, and I've had better luck with them. Firefeeds charges quite a bit for their service, and I'll be honest, I haven't been impressed...

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
Well i hope to get the antenna issues resolved soon. right now were keeping it on the down low. I need to find a place to host it like someones house so i can push it to my Windows media server. But for now it wil have to do.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
Need New Place To Host

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!! Any one who lives in the area of PG county that would be willing to host a scanner let me know. I will provide the computer and also the scanner or if you have one running already tap of the record jack.

If i can find someone then the feed will be up and running in no time for all to enjoy. Not using FireFeeds. It will push to my Windows Media Server at the Ocean.

Anyone that can help let me know. Thanks.

PM me or reply i will be looking.

Feed Location currently is not working out. Please Advise.

BFD319

Feed Provider
sshuster221, tryed getting onto the PGFD site on firefeeds and it's down, is it gonna be down untill you find a new site, if so I gotta cancell my firefeeds PG was the only reason I sighned up

A

ACU1000

Fire feeds seems to be a rip off to me.

I cant get an accurate list of what is hosted there until after I shell out money for a monthly subscription?

I dont want nothing to do with firefeeds.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
Ok Here Is The Deal

WHERE THE FEED IS NOW IS HORRIBLE. At this time i can not get a good signal. I need someone to let me put it in there house in PG. When then they do I will HOST a PG COUNTY LIVE FEED. On Windows Media. I have the website all done. I just need a reliable feed. at this time i do not. I am trying as best as I can to get the signal better but it is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.