Phoenix PD Feed Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
We'll see how this goes. As long as my family leaves my computer alone, and as long as streamwebtown stays running, there is once again a Phoenix PD feed.

Here's the URL: mms://streamwebtown.com/phoenixprwn (Whoops, thanks for the correction Jeffrey!)

Please note that our digital system sounds like crap much of the time, so audio will cut in and out, people will overmodulate and the dispatcher will sound like she has a sock in her mouth. But other than that, it's great! :D

What's on the feed:

A Deck 7 - primary dispatch for my area. Why? Because that's the precinct I both live and work in (and the man reason for the feed is so I can listen at work!). :p
B Deck 7 - alternate dispatch for my area.
C Deck 4 thru 9 - "chase"/tactical channels. If something big is going down, it's usually carried here. This covers the whole city, not just my precinct.

Give it a listen if you wanna hear Phoenix PD but don't have/can't afford a digital scanner.

-AZ

Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
Hello,
I just tried your feed but it does not connect. Tested with WMP and VLC.

AZScanner

Well I tried it at work and YAY IT WORKS! :D Gotta admit, I was skeptical about the streamwebtown site, but it seems to be working pretty darn well! I've tried lots of other ways to stream my scanner and none were as simple to set up nor worked as well as this one. Good job, streamwebtown! I'm impressed! :D

Enjoy the feed, everyone!
-AZ

K9GTJ

AZScanner said:
Well I tried it at work and YAY IT WORKS! :D Gotta admit, I was skeptical about the streamwebtown site, but it seems to be working pretty darn well! I've tried lots of other ways to stream my scanner and none were as simple to set up nor worked as well as this one. Good job, streamwebtown! I'm impressed! :D

Enjoy the feed, everyone!
-AZ

I do agree that despite occasional connection issues, streamwebtown is very good.

FYI - Log me in - https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en - is an excellent way to reach your desktop from almost anywhere without setting up special software or firewall issues. The free version is all I use. I can reset my stream from anywhere with this software. :)

Also, I am listening to your stream too and it seems rather quiet for such a large town.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Windwos Media Player says it can't connect, either it's down or the address is incorrect.

AZScanner

All,

The feed is back up (for now). SWT keeps throwing errors back to windows media encoder and it knocks the stream out. I reset it when I noticed it was down again this morning. I'll try to keep on top of it but hey, I gotta sleep sometime ;)

Kokomo, thanks for the tip on the LogMeIn software, I'll definitely be checking it out. This will not only give me a means to reset the stream, but remote control of the scanner as well! Woot!

The stream is quiet for one of the following reasons:

1. The DTRS data channel is sending crap to the scanner and it doesn't properly track the calls. Happens alot more than I'd like on this system.

2. There's not much going on in 700. It's usually not a real hotbed of activity but when something major does go down, it's REALLY major - last big thing was an officer involved shooting where the officer was killed. (700 is the Squaw Peak precinct and is what I mainly listen to)

3. The DTRS moves the conversation to a frequency that my scanner doesn't seem to want to receive. No real rhyme or reason for this one, it will work great one minute and lousy the next. Oh well.

I'll be fixing and tweaking things as I go. I'll experiment tonight and open up the rest of the city's channels for you to listen to, but again, the decode on this thing isn't 100% so it drops alot of conversations.

Thanks for the feedback on the feed!

-AZ

AZScanner

One last update for everyone - I've switched over to my own VB version of Media Encoder. This version allows limited remote control (for me) over the scanner, and alpha tag display in the captions portion of Media Player (you will need to enable this in your player for the tags to be viewable.)

I'm alpha testing the app myself for now and once it's proven itself to be stable I'll release it for folks to use as a beta test.

Let me know if you like the new format!
-AZ

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Awesome good bud, finally a PPD feed again. I havn't tried listening yet but for the person that asked about it being so quiet, PPD chase channels only carry the hot traffic like in progress calls. It doesn't have all the normal chatter like car stops and normal routine report calls.

Jason

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Feed sounds great for the best of quality it receives good buddy. Havn't seen any text tags though if thats suppose to be on there. Keep up the good work.

Jason

NYRHKY94

Kokomo1:

A bit off-topic, but many thanks for the tip on Logmein. My free GoToMyPc trial is set to run out in a few days, so it's nice to have a back-up for remote access now. I've installed the Logmein on the 2 PC's I have feeds running on thru streamwebtown. Appreciate the nice tip!

P.S. I liked having access to remote sound thru GoToMyPc, but you can't have everything for free ;-)

Thanks - Mike

AZScanner

jasonpeoria911 said:
Feed sounds great for the best of quality it receives good buddy. Havn't seen any text tags though if thats suppose to be on there. Keep up the good work.

Jason

Jason,

The text tags will appear in Media Player if you enable captions, but only in full mode (which sux IMHO, get with the program M$). You have to go to Play>Lyrics, Captions and Subtitles, then select On if available.

I'm planning on setting up a dedicated site for the program I've written and that site will have a web based player for everyone's feeds (if they choose to make their feed "public" that is) that will automatically show the caption info.

More to come. I was happy to see the feed still up and running when I finally rolled out of bed this morning. :D

-AZ

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Great, got the tags working now. That's the first i've seen it look like that on WMP. Usually it's in video form. Nice work.

Jason

AZScanner

Jason,

Thanks for the compliment! It was quite a bit of programming and digging through the Media Encoder SDK to figure out how to get it all running the way you see here, but so far it's been running for 3 days straight without so much as a burp (knock on wood). Woot!

FYI, I tried to add my stream to your list of AZ streams on your website but it says "Module does not exist" when I attempt it. Please feel free to add this feed to your list on my behalf.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.