Serproxy / Talkgroup Monitor/ BC785D

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolnCode3

Anybody using a BC785 with the newest version of Talkgroup Monitor and Serproxy?

It seems to be working well, but it almost refuses to send "Scanning..." no matter how long it's been since the last transmission. The spinner also looks like it's in slow-motion...

I have two 246Ts running on the same Serproxy instance already and they have no problem with sending "Scanning..."

No big deal, but once you've invested this much time/money to get it right, the little details bug me until they're right.

Lexxx

If it helps, the "spinner" on both my 996 and bct15 spin very quickly, but the spinner on my older BC898t is much slower, taking 4 or 5 seconds to complete a sweep.

RolnCode3

Apparently, the 785 sends out the control channel as a conventional frequency hit, so I just tricked the whole thing by putting the CC frequencies in titles.txt with "Scanning..." after it. So now when it hits the CC it will send "Scanning..."

Not a perfect solution, but the best I can come up with for right now. Before, the alphatag would just park on whatever was the last transmission. Sometimes there's no traffic for 10 minutes - almost makes it seem like something's wrong.

Uplink

I have a different problem with my 785D using talkgroup monitor and serproxy, thought I would throw this out in case anyone knows:
I get an unwanted alphatag when noise, or an unwanted carrier with a different PL is on a channel. The scanner doesn't stop, but must still send out data momentarily, as if saying "the PL tone doesn't match, but I'll send out a tag anyway". Anybody seen this? or a remedy for this:confused: :confused: thanks!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.