How does it work??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvk1065

I know you all are going to think I'm a Novice at this, and I kind of am. I just recently got into scanners, so I am still learning. I went out and bought 2 different kinds of scanners, only to find out that neither of them picked up TALKGROUPS, and found out that I have to get a triple trunk-tracking capatible one. The 1st one I bought off Ebay, so I was screwed, and just pawned it. The 2nd was from Wal-mart, so at least I was able to get my money back. I just bid on a nice one, a Radio Shack Pro-95 Dual Trunk Tracker one, for like $51. Anyways, my question is, how does someone put a scanner-feed online and make it avail to the public? Do they have to have a really nice, top-of-the-line scanner, and then somehow hook it up to their computer and then broadcast it? I am just very curious. Thanks for putting up with the new guy here, and answering all my dumb questions!

-Vince from Alaska.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
Vince,

To answe your question no you do not need a very expensive scanner. However that does soley depend on what system your trying to broadcast. If it is a APCO 25 compliant system then yes, you will need a expensive scanner. You can find you system information out in the database section of this website.

In order to broadcast the feed you need a computer, dedicaded would be better. However not nessacary with a sound card and network connection. Also your going to need a high speed internet connection, Cable, DSL, etc.

If you have any further questions please send me a PM.

Http://nedhclive.dvrdns.org

That is my live feed page. Check it out.

NYRHKY94

Status
Not open for further replies.