Putting up a PCR-1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquelchKnob

I have been thinking about putting up a PCR-1000 for a select few others to play with. I would rather not put it up for the general public simply because the only computer I have is old as the hills and I don't think it would handle the latest and greatest security stuff I would want in order to feel comfortable putting my PC/Scanner up for public use.

Does anyone know how I could basically set an old Computer up so that only folks allow can get in and have control of a PCR-1000?

Just some additional notes. This will be from a Laptop. It currently runs the PCR-1000 using Spectrum SentryNet and runs it fine. I'd like to be able to download some free software and enable it to allow other users to take over the PCR-1000. Hopefully without there having to download any special application if at all possible.

I do have other radios I can possible do this with instead of the PCR-1000. Just figured that one would be the best bet as I know there are applications out there that allow this for that radio.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Maybe Teamspeak? There's also the Live Scanner Audio yahoo group (linked in our wiki) that has lots of folks on it - if you don't get anything here, that's where I'd go...

73s Mike

SquelchKnob

ka3jjz said:
Maybe Teamspeak? There's also the Live Scanner Audio yahoo group (linked in our wiki) that has lots of folks on it - if you don't get anything here, that's where I'd go...

73s Mike

My apologies. I guess I did not make it clear enough. I want to put it up in a fashion so that others have control over it. In other words, change the freqs.

I spent a while looking at http://www.dxtuners.com/ and I may email those folks about this. Plus from what I can tell they dont have it out for windows as yet. I don't want to have to learn a new Operating system just so others can play with my Radio. LOL.

But I live close to a Mil Base and I know some other folks are that semi interested in some of the action here and I though it might be doable for me to set them up a controllable radio here. I have everything I need except for software and I am trying to get by with something free if at all possible. Maybe even something they won't have to download a major app for.

SquelchKnob

Thanks for all the help on this one folks. Decided to go with PCR Remote. It has been up a few weeks now and although it's not perfect it seems to do rather well. I decided to go this route as after having played with the DX Tuners stuff I saw that there was alot of problems with users logging in and taking over the radio without asking permission from users already using it.

I think running my own TeamSpeak Server with PCR Remote gives makes it a bit easier for me to ban these disrespectful users.

Now that I have got the PCR-1000 up and operatiing I am tinkering with the idea of putting 3 UBC780XLTs up for online user control as well.

SquelchKnob

jasonpeoria911 said:
Where abouts are you in MD and where should we look for your feed?

Jason

Jason I am in Southern MD. You can PM me for accessing the feed if you like. But this thing is strictly for MILAIR type comms in case you were unaware.

Status
Not open for further replies.