Streamwebtown .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger44

Just was wondering what Everyone thinks about the Streamwebtown Server ? I am thinking about Streaming my Current Audio Feed Using them as another way for People to Listen other than Teamspeak . Let me know what you think ... Thank You .

Steve Avenger44.

mule1075

Feed Provider
i like and dislike it.i had better results using shoutcast when i ran my feed.streamwebtown seems anymore to be down more than up and that can be a drag for the listener and more of a drag for you the provider of the feed.that is just my take on it.the plus side for streamwebtown is the listeners do not have to dload any software or client too listen to the feed.again JMHO Adam.

Avenger44

mule1075 said:
i like and dislike it.i had better results using shoutcast when i ran my feed.streamwebtown seems anymore to be down more than up and that can be a drag for the listener and more of a drag for you the provider of the feed.that is just my take on it.the plus side for streamwebtown is the listeners do not have to dload any software or client too listen to the feed.again JMHO Adam.

Thank you for your Input .

Steve . Avenger44

NYRHKY94

Hi Steve:

I would have to agee with Adam's assessment about Streamwebtown. It's great that it's free and that the end user experience requires nothing more than clicking on a link. I do use this option for one of my streams because of this.

The downside is you get what you pay for. The servers there tend to go down on a regular basis. When this happens, it requires my intervention (remote access) to get it back up again. It also sours the end user experience as well.

Thanks - Mike

Avenger44

NYRHKY94 said:
Steve:

What kind of scanner(s) were you thinking of using to do the stream? That would help with giving you some suggestions.

Well I don't have a Scanner as such , But The County Hear is Using a EF Johnson MN 800 MHz Trunked System. So I just Use one of my Extra County Radios for the Feed .It's a EF Johnson 5300 Mobile . Flashed for MN / P25 . I have a Live 24/7 Audio Feed over on the IBN Teamspeak Server running . But I wonted to Provide Another way to Monitor the Feed Other than Running Teamspeak2 Software .

Steve . Avenger44.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.