Record Streaming Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
What app do ya all use to record streaming audio from sites like DXTurners? Freeware or Payware.

*EDIT* - DOH! I forgot I have sound forge 9, didn't realize I could use it for recording streams, if you know of any others, please share.

Last edited:
Yea, I wasn't sure which one to post in, so I flipped a coin LOL... Mods, please move if you like. I tried to search, but didn't see anything

*EDIT* - DOH! I forgot I have sound forge 9, didn't realize I could use it for recording streams, if you know of any others, please share

Last edited:

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
I use Total Recorder. It has scheduling options which I use to break files into 8 hour incriments.

bmacc

I use RecAll (trial version available from http://www.sagebrush.com/recall.htm) becaus

a) It works perfectly with Windows Vista
b) Its recording feature is activated by the scanner output audio exceeding the selectable volume threshold. so, instead of recording dead air and wasting hard drive space (and time), it only records when people are transmitting, and it stops recording after each transmission. (this makes it easy to condense a 2-hour-long incident into a 15 minute audio file)
c) you can save audio to MP3 format.

bmacc said:
I use RecAll (trial version available from http://www.sagebrush.com/recall.htm) becaus

a) It works perfectly with Windows Vista
b) Its recording feature is activated by the scanner output audio exceeding the selectable volume threshold. so, instead of recording dead air and wasting hard drive space (and time), it only records when people are transmitting, and it stops recording after each transmission. (this makes it easy to condense a 2-hour-long incident into a 15 minute audio file)
c) you can save audio to MP3 format.

Does it support streaming audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.