Team Speak Listen/Play scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croaker90

Please read this all.
I am talking about TeamSpeak (TS) and I am telling people how to use it, and what it is.

For everyone that has TeamSpeak, reply to this as "I have it already"
The Server Address is:
74.86.125.197:9086

I own a free server for now, but if alot of people use this server, I will purchase a official server.

You don't need a mic/speakers. If you wish to talk/play scanner you need a mic, speakers just to listen.

What WE can use TeamSpeak for.
We can join channels such as Texas (I live in Texas) and I can play my scanner in that channel, and others can join and listen. Anyone can play their scanner, if two people are in Texas playing scanners, the last one to play their scanner can create a new channel.

I have a special channel for scanners with special situations (ex: SWAT standoffs, Pursuits, National Emergency ETC)

I will explain how to use TS in the next reply post I make, and how to create channels and all.

It is Virus free, I have had it for years, and have had no problems, and I have known lots of friends that have it to with no problems.

What is TeamSpeak?
TeamSpeak is software for quality voice communication via the Internet. Our platform offers a client-server architecture where client and server software is clearly separated. This means our server product runs as a dedicated server, rather than peer-to-peer. The TeamSpeak server software is literally capable of handling thousands of simultaneous clients or users, which results in an Internet-based teleconferencing solution that works for a repertory of different applications such as an alternative to conference calls, cutting long distance telephone costs, or just as a method of personal communication with friends and family.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Here is how to get, and setup TeamSpeak. I will add text under each image giving more information.
http://www.teamspeak.com
http://teamspeak.com/?page=screenshots

64421621kf9.png

Go to website and go to "Downloads", select the top one, and for "Mirror", select "TeamSpeak" and click download. Save it to your computer, and when its all done (Its been to long, It might start up) If not, go to Start, Programs, and look for it in your programs.

11658232gd3.png

Here is what mine looks like. The icon will be down by the time, not on the big taskbar.

63131676dd6.png

When you open TS, click Connection, and then click Quick Connect at top left.

80107190gc3.png

Fill in these. The Server Address is 74.86.125.197:9086
Put your forums name in Nickname. Leave the bottom two blanks, you have to get access to register with server with an TS Server Admin. Then click connect.
NOTE: If you use someone elses name on TS, and try to register it, I will ban you. I'll have you pm me on forums before I let you register w/ server.

49244454me9.png

Here is what it looks like when it is opened.

For more help, ask me, or go to http://www.teamspeak.com and go to FAQs

I'll make another post showing how to use TS, (options, creating channels, subchannels, set your mic to botton push to talk, or voice/sound activated.)

It may be dead in the server for a while, give it time to get busy. If you guys want me to, I will make a video and show more details how to do this.

Current TS Users:
Croaker90
kb4ytm

Last edited:

Croaker90

How to use TS features

<Reserved>
More to come, how to use TS, and its features.

TEXT CHATING:
At the bottom box, you can talk by TEXT, if you don't have a mic/speakers
Select the person you want to send a message to, right click their name and select "Send Text Message"
Then you type what you want in the box, and send it.

Ok, now if you have successfully installed TeamSpeak, here is soem screenshots, and text to help you better understand how to use it.
I will start off with the setings to talk, you can puch buttons, or have your mic voice activated.

What doe these mean?
What are these next to my name?
U- Unregistered
V- Voiced (able to talk if channel is muted)
R- Registered
O- Operator
CA- Channel Admin
SA- Server Admin
For more inforemation on what powers these have, click "Info" and select "Show Permissions", select what one you want more info on.

27897805gp6.png

Go up to "Settings" and click "Soung Input/Output Settings"
The 2 things I have circled in "RED" are the two options you have.
1) Button Activated (have to hold a button down to be able to speak) Push "SET" and push the button you want to be the button to let you speak.
2) Voice Activation (can select the activation lvl, if you want mic to pick quite sounds, put arrow more to whisper)
If your speaking on TS, your green light next to your name will light up.

89464635pb6.png

If you are speaking, the green light should be brighter next to your name, such as the one next to mine.
I would go with voice activation if you have your mic next to your scanner. so you don't have to hold the button down.

CREATING YOUR OWN CHANNEL
(I am not registered in these screenshots, so this is how you see it as non-admin.)

Last edited:

Croaker90

<Reserved>
In case I run out of room to put pictures on previous post. If I don't need this, I will ask a mod to remove this.

5 minutes from posting this, I have already got people joining.

If you don't under stand anything, please ask me. Or come back later when I explain more..

Thanks.

I will probably be making a video with me talking about all the features about TS such as making Sub-Channels and all. To hard for me to explain in text how its done. Well it is when I need to go in a little bit.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I think I'll pass. There are tons of scanner audio feeds available, from Teamspeak servers, Icecast servers, etc. already. You're re-inventing the wheel. You aren't even offering anything that others don't offer.

This smells and looks just like a blatant advertisement for some TS server and website that you started setting up. Looking at the remarks on the website main page, it looks pretty unprofessional as well. I'll stick with incidentbroadcast.com and scanmiamivalley.com.

Mike

Croaker90

Teamspeak.com

This is a test server, I am trying out.

When I decide to buy a server, I will buy a real good one from TeamSpeak.com

The server I am using right now is from some other site.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Are you Serious ?

Why do you act like Teamspeak was just recently discovered for Scanner Listeners to Stream their feed ? Old news my friend ......Like other users have posted, log into one of the Mainstream TS Servers and you can choose from 30 or 40 feeds .....not your empty server ..... I cant imagine we need a tutorial on how to setup and use Teamspeak ....

Jason

ecps92

Simple and Basic teamspeak set-up at
http://www.scancapecod.us/wiki/index.php/Teamspeak_Server_Info

jasonk said:
Why do you act like Teamspeak was just recently discovered for Scanner Listeners to Stream their feed ? Old news my friend ......Like other users have posted, log into one of the Mainstream TS Servers and you can choose from 30 or 40 feeds .....not your empty server ..... I cant imagine we need a tutorial on how to setup and use Teamspeak ....

Jason

Out of curiosity, what will your TeamSpeak server offer that one couldn't get from Incident Broadcast or one of the other major players? Currently on the IBN TeamSpeak server there are 232 people online and so far today there have been 702 different people that have been on the server. Seems like if someone wanted to broadcast their scanner via TeamSpeak going with a high profile server would be the way to go instead of trying to start up a new one of their own. By putting your feed on an established server you would instantly have access to hundreds of listeners instead of just a few that may take the time to check out a new server to see what is being offered.

I'm not trying to discourage you from having your own server. Just wanting to get an idea of what you have in mind.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Maybe his Teamspeak would offer the ability for anyone to use voice, in certain channels. Ya know, so that people could actually talk to one another if they wanted. Sure, you can do that on a gazillion Teamspeak servers all over the world, but he'd then have one where radio/scanner freaks can actually talk voice instead of typing constantly.

Obviously that wouldn't be for everybody - the 'net is a harsh place, and without the strong arm of a local forum moderator constabulary you'd have some interesting things going on between, for example, all of the RR participators. It would indeed be interesting if you could actually hop on Teamspeak, see one of those people who usually irritate you on the forums, and tell them to GFY (if ya don't know, I won't elaborate).

For the record, I also think the OP should move on to doing something else - he is wasting his time with this endeavor the reasons others have already outlined.

Mike

brandon

Database Admin
Once you hear P25 digital over TeamSpeak you'll never want to use it again.

Croaker90

jasonk said:

Jason

Because not everybody knows about TS, and maybe the screenshots will help them more.

Whats the address for the other TS server for scanners?

trooperdude

Database Admin
brandon said:
Once you hear P25 digital over TeamSpeak you'll never want to use it again.

Depends on how it's set up.

I filter my P25 feeds through a EuroRack sound board before it gets to the computer sound card.

Makes it more intelligible by eliminating the muffle, and sharpening the highs.

You also need to run a codec at least 9kbps.

p35666.jpg

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Incidentally, if your P25 audio sounds crappy through Teamspeak but sounds good at the scanner, then somebody isn't running the right codec.

Run Speex 16.3 or higher codec and the quality will be fine. Although obviously a graphic equalizer does help if you specifically want to emphasize/de-emphasize highs and lows.

Mike

HH-65

Just want to listen

I just wish they would make it simpler to just listen to the different servers. Ive spent hrs. looking at the site and still after a month I finely gave up trying to locate where to listen at.
maybe some one out here can aim me ion the right direction. that page is just loaded up with way to much to navagate thru. I think its a German Conspiracy.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
HH-65 said:
I just wish they would make it simpler to just listen to the different servers. Ive spent hrs. looking at the site and still after a month I finely gave up trying to locate where to listen at.
maybe some one out here can aim me ion the right direction. that page is just loaded up with way to much to navagate thru. I think its a German Conspiracy.

What site are you referring to?

Mike

HH-65

Teamspeak

Sorry I got wrapped up in my thoughts, "Team speak" it has totally frustrated me,,,, they have some really nice sites on there but impossible to navagate.

Status
Not open for further replies.